Script to Extend EOL for W7?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by perceivedelusion, Jun 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. perceivedelusion

perceivedelusion MDL Member

Mar 10, 2010
    I have an XP version that came with a script that extended it's capability to download security/hot-fixes through Automatic Updates until April of 2019. (instead of 2014) A/U thinks it's a POSReady version which M$ supports until 2019.
    Has anyone heard/seen a script like this for Win 7? There are W7 POS versions in use that M$ will have an extended support period for also. (maybe not as many 7's as there were XP's)

Thanks for any knowledge,
    pd

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Win 7 SP1 still has support till jan. 2020.

3. perceivedelusion

Mar 10, 2010
    The POS versions are supported with security fixes until 2025 or 2026, IIRC.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lewcass

lewcass MDL Senior Member

Mar 10, 2018
    Good job i know POS means Point Of Sale. :haha:

5. perceivedelusion

Mar 10, 2010
    Thanks, I will check out all this info. So, XP got five, 7 gets one, I guess if there are any 8.1 POSR machines they'll get one or none. Seems Mrs. Gates is serious about pushing everybody into this "One World Order" (I mean) "One M$-World O.S."
    This past Decade or so has been kind of like the wild wild west and is now screeching to a halt. (hope I'm wrong) Glad I got to try a little bit of what all this amazing talent could figure out how to do.

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    The official msft link i posted can give you all info about all windows editions.

7. perceivedelusion

Mar 10, 2010
    That link you provided was the first place I went. It's also where I read about the extended support after 7 had been out awhile (2011 maybe) then I remembered M$'s official disclaimer, " ... all information is subject to change at any time" although, as for the dates I could have experienced a temporary DIMM. (Dysfunctionally Inherent Memory Module)