Scripts to make windows 10 run faster

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Laurentiu340, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Laurentiu340

Laurentiu340 MDL Junior Member

Nov 11, 2016
    hello i need to make windows 10 run faster i have to uninstall modern apps and remove unecessary services, features and stop telemetry from this!
    can you help me with a batch script or tutorial (advanced)

Thank you :)

2. bonesz

bonesz MDL Junior Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Search, as these topics are covered in detail.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Leonardo Da Vinci

Leonardo Da Vinci MDL Novice

Jun 10, 2017
    You can check out the Win-10-Initial-Setup-Script by Disassembler0. It's availabe in GitHub.

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    please run benchmarks before and after ;):D

5. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Addicted

Mar 15, 2014
    Benchmarks show no difference, but you can tell, like when windows explorer or a browser opens for 10 secs vs 1 sec. Tweaks help to improve responsiveness, rather then performance.

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Threadtitle:
    Scripts to make windows 10 run faster

In most scenarios it only gets more unstable instead of faster.

When explorer takes 10 seconds to open, mostly something is not working properly.
    On my untouched installs all runs smooth and as expected.

7. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Addicted

Mar 15, 2014
    Yes, it is called Windows 10, it happens on all computers, all the time, for years and it only gets worse with each upgrade. Clean install is completely unusable, until I apply tweaks. :D

8. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Never had that, except when people fiddled with explorer or the icon cache, etcetc... Even on the laptablet Asus T100TA (Atom 1.4 quadcore with 2GB ram) all works well.

9. lewcass

lewcass MDL Senior Member

Mar 10, 2018
    The only time i actually noticed a ui difference on an untouched install was going from single core to a later quad core architecture, it wasnt the difference between night and day but it was quicker.

MS sets UI responce speed to meh. Various UI tweaks combined with other system tweaks help. Use an ssd instead of a hdd to speed up install and load times. Stuff wil only run as fast as the cpu can run them, it will just be more responsive. Tweaks are not the holy grail people think they are.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. lewcass

lewcass MDL Senior Member

Mar 10, 2018
    I use your scripts for inspiration and learning how to build my own batch files. :worthy: :)

11. BAU

BAU MDL Senior Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Tweaking works. Specially under 10 where there is so much bloat. From faster loading times, to snappier usage overall (starting programs, start menu itself, search).
    And even allowing stuff to run that would be otherwise impossible due to limited resources - I'm still playing my favorite custom games inside that abomination that is Dota 2, from the comfort of my couch, on a big screen, powered by my absolutely silent htpc featuring a dual-core pentium cpu from 2007 (E2180 @ 2.8Ghz oc), a 8800GS @ 650Mhz, and 4GB RAM. Yeah, my phone has better specs than that. I've got laptops probably 10x better - but those have fans, and still get hot after 3-4 hours gaming. Very fond of that little heavy metal box filled with transformer oil that I made myself.
    But back at tweaking - there is no "one script fits all". It needs to be made specifically for each machine and it's devices, else it can have the opposite effect. If you are not willing to put personal effort, and just expect other people to serve you the good (random) stuff on a silver plate, then you are really better off having everything untouched, as @Enthousiast said.
    Hint: personal effort starts with searching..