Search find NOTHING.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Krickler, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Krickler

Krickler MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2015
    I got a strange problem since yesterday. A few hours before I installed the latest patch, my search has gone broken: I can't find anything by now - apps, programs, documents. Even if I wait some seconds/minutes more for searching the apps, it find nothing. Does somebody know how to fix that problem? I didn't changed yesterday anything, so I don't know what's causing the problem.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro with KMSpico btw.

For example: I search for Skype. Nothing found. If I go to the apps list, Skype is installed. This doesn't work with any program, even with documents.

2. AJ79

AJ79 MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2015
    What error you gotten, i'd similar issue after 3081424 update h t tp : //forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/63820-Something-went-wrong-with-search-function

Now it keep giving me "Didn't find anything" h t tp : //i.imgur.com/tKlNipF.png

3. v4lt5u

v4lt5u MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2015
    Did you use some tweak like TNBT? You could have disabled WSearch by accident

edit: This should make it work (run as admin on cmd): sc config WSearch start= auto

4. AJ79

AJ79 MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2015
    Nah didnt use any tweak scripts yet and wsearch is "auto"

5. Simpuhl

Simpuhl MDL Senior Member

Aug 8, 2012
    #5 Simpuhl, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Add this code to a batch file and run it as administrator:

Code:
    net stop wsearch
    reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Search" /v SetupCompletedSuccessfully /t REG_SZ /d 0 /f
    net start wsearch

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Krickler

Krickler MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2015
    This worked! Thank you. It's saying now "we're preparing search" and it can't find any programs yet (I'm sure it's indexing now or something, maybe I have to reboot my computer), but at least it finds documents and others. Again, thanks! :worthy:

7. halasz

halasz MDL Junior Member

Jan 13, 2013
    All you need to do is go to "Indexing Options" (you can press the windows button and then type "Indexing Options") and rebuild your index.

It isn't complicated - the job will build an index based on whatever criteria you define. Personally I add a filter to index contents of pdf and txt files but it is up to you if you want to index file names only or contents as well.