Search: Sandboxie Lifetime License

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by KNARZ, Jul 16, 2018.

1. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    I'm getting used to this tool, also if I think it's not the holy grail at all, but I haven't seen any real (easy to use, drag and drop style) alternative. I'm not a fan of subscriptions, so if anybody may want to see some lifetime license we may can come to an agreement.

I'm also open for alternative applications (free or paid).

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    Nope. The aren't offering any Lifetime lic anymore. I'm asking for some used one or for an unsed license someone bought in an volume bundle.

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    If I buy some software, whatever that is, and the developer claims that all future Updates/Version are free, that simply seems to be a lifetime License! Or am I wrong?

6. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Covers the current version and all future versions of Sandboxie during one year.

Guess they need to re-word that statement.

7. Hackeur

Hackeur MDL Senior Member

Jun 14, 2009
    I purchased a lifetime license for 5 PC's a few years back but it was revoked because of too many activation attempts from different IP's.
    I use VPN's in virtual machines connecting to various countries so each time it needed activation it had a different IP.
    tried to explain my case but now the new owners are after the $$$$$!!

8. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    LOL
    As it should be...

9. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Looking for one with some contacts BUT please don't hold your breath :tooth:

10. Hackeur

Hackeur MDL Senior Member

Jun 14, 2009
    found a work around with batch files and running Sanboxie from the command line ;)
    anyway I found using disposable virgin virtual machines more to my iliking :cool:

11. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    @pisthai if you click on the image. you will see that they currently offer only 1 year subscriptions. As mentioned, I'm not a fan of subscriptions, especially of software I don't use on daily basis. You were just one click away from the answer.

Yeah, seems I have to keep on VMs.

12. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    @Hackeur kind of sad to here. I wouldn't give up on negotiation with the owner if you think you didn't anything wrong.
    Is there any real alternative? E.g. ShadowDefender is a great tool (i purchased) but it's not an alternative.

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Same happen to IDM!

I've several IDM Licenses and lost once one of them for multiple uses on VPN's and Proxies. Contacted Service (years ago!), they gave me a new License Code for the lost one and I use them since with no problems. Just, after that experiences, the day I change Hardware, Network, and/or Name of Computer, I inform the support about the new details. That works fine.

The policy of both companies are the same, they're strictly allowing the use of the app on ONE machine only! That's written in their Rules and accepted from the users at the same moment they're bought that app. And regarding the use of VPN, VHD, VM, etc., Sandboxie states in their Rules that those also need a separate License for each of those machines. And that's simply their Right to do so!

The only way of a workaround would be to prevent such apps to contact the Developer/Owner! Using such way will prevent the User from any future Upgrade to the newer/latest version. At the same moment, a user will try to upgrade, their system will inform the developer and may cancel the license directly.

Besides of all of that, the Developer/Owner of that company has all Rights to decide how he/she would run his Business and Licensing Scheme. And any real Developer of Commercial Software would understand and use same or similar rules too because its the way they're making Money. Development of such Application isn't for free at all and cost the developer a lot of time and money too!

14. pottzman

pottzman MDL Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Sandboxie is now open source and free. there is no more licensing

15. chaython

chaython MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2011
    #16 chaython, Jan 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    SandboxiePlus: There's now features locked off to supporters including "privacy mode" which blocks off reading any dir outside of program files.

16. pottzman

pottzman MDL Member

Dec 8, 2009
    #17 pottzman, Jan 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    well when I made that comment that wasnt the case AFAIK.

are you sure these new features are only available in Sandboxie Plus?

does the classic version of Sandboxie have these limitations?

17. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
  18. pottzman

pottzman MDL Member

Dec 8, 2009