(searching) CQ62-a20ed bios flash for wlan

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by rolleman, Dec 4, 2012.

1. rolleman

rolleman MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2012
    hello guys first off all im sorry if this isent posted in the right section im really new her and im trying to figure out whats where i did use the search button on this titel but dident came up with my solution so i surely hope someone has it for me i have a wireless intel centrino advanced-N 6230 bought and lying next to me wich i build in but my laptop says isent bootable with the wlan in it remove it and restart so Compaq is blocking it now someone told me to visited this forum and ask nicely if there is someone willing to help me make a bios update of flash thingy to remove the wlan thing from the bios so i can install my centrino wlan card my laptop is a Compaq CQ62-a20ED and the bios version is F.2B i sure hope there is someone who can help me with this cause im getting frustrated that i cannot use my 5g wifi network waist of a fast connection so please if there is someone help me out !!!! sincerly and many thanks piet

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  3. rolleman

rolleman MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2012
    I thanks for replying altought im not understanding what ur saying never done this before so if you could help me with what to do that would be great

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    RSA signed = almost impossible

5. rolleman

rolleman MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2012
    So there is no way to use my 5ghz card what a bum i hated hp before now im hating them even more last time i bought a hp

6. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    agreed.. most others u can still mod.. but compaq/HP has a lot of new RSA signed bios.
    i will never buy HP.. unless its free

ask in bios-mods.com CamiloML used to mod them. with some success sometimes. hes been missing in action tho.

7. rolleman

rolleman MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2012
    So ok i checked some info maybe u can figure something out with this my bios Version is F.2B the bios type is Insyde (and above in title it says insydeH2O) .... So maybe there is a way to remove the wlan from the laptop with this info i just gave or there must be away to restore my bios ( my laptop dident make a backup on the harddrive) I need to figure out how to downgrade my bios to normal tried the CMOS battery reset left it out for 10 minits nothing happend any ideas ?

8. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011