Secondary Hard Drive Disconnected by itself?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Thanos_The_Mad_Titans, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Thanos_The_Mad_Titans

Nov 22, 2009
    Hi.. I need someone help me :confused: ...

I have problem with Secondary Hard Drive..

I have 2 Hard Drives in my PC... and 1 DVD RW Drive..

1.) 500GB SATA WD on C:\ (Primary System, Win7) I bought this about year ago...

2.) DVD RW Drive on D:\

3.) 160GB IDE WD on E:\ (Only for Back Up) This is one about 5 to 7 years old..

My question why Secondary Drive keep disconnected by itself???... Today I replaced new IDE Ribbon for Secondary Drive.. and I turn it on PC, Win 7 running fine and I saw there Secondary Drive show in Windows Explorer no problem and I m happy :rolleyes: ... and then later, I check Windows Explorer and there is no Secondary Drive ? :mad: it just like disapeared!!! it's just like disconnected when running Win 7 by itself...:angry:

so I did re boot Win 7 and it's did bring it back :rolleyes: ... but sometime, it wont bring back? so, I have to check my PC again and check every fu*king wires,IDE Ribbons, SATA wires, Fans wires, etc, etc .. I look everything inside and it look good o_O then i turn it on back PC and run Win 7, Secondary Drive show up in Windows Explorer no problem and then later, it diseappered again!!! aaagggrrrhhh!!! :ranting:

Please help me :worthy:

My mobo system is..

Intel Q6600
    Asus PQ5 Pro
    4 GB Memory
    ATI Radeon 4850 512mb
    Win 7 x86
    Daz's Loader 1.7.7r, Activated and Genuine (KB971033 Installed)

2. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Try updating the hard disk controller / sata drivers. If that doesnt work then maybe its an issue with the hdd itself.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Thanos_The_Mad_Titans

Nov 22, 2009
    where get hard disk controller updating ? Western Digital site? ok, let me try...

4. Thanos_The_Mad_Titans

Nov 22, 2009
    How Average Western Digital Hard Drive died? 5 years? 8 years? and also, how do I know Hard Drive died? lol

please help me..

thank you

Magnus

5. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Where you update your hard ddisk controller driver from depends on the motherboard chipset you have. Most likely its Intel, in which case visit their web page. Update to the latest chipset drivers and this should include the sata hard disk controller driver. They do have an automatic scanner which should find the latest driver availiable ... if any. As for whether the hdd is dead, well if you have updated drivers / firmware, changed cables and still no luck i would say the hdd is probably no good. 5-8 years use isnt so bad though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Thanos_The_Mad_Titans

Nov 22, 2009
    alextheg,

thank for respond.. I ll check tomorrow for intel chipset & hdd controller update..

magnus

7. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    You are welcome, good luck. :D