"Secureboot isn't configured correctly" Watermark. Windows 8.1 Core activated.

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Thvle, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Thvle

Thvle MDL Member

Oct 7, 2012
    #1 Thvle, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2013
  2. Dyon

Dyon Guest

Same problem here, I was unable to find UEFI or SecureBoot in my BIOS at all... I have an ASUS K55VD Laptop.

3. okatomy

okatomy MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    I have this too
    I got a asus F55A laptop

My guess is that you installed using Uefi boot with GTP partition sheme.

For those of you who have secure boot in bios, try to enable it?

If u haven't in bios, look at your system / motherboard manufacturer for bios update.

4. Thvle

Thvle MDL Member

Oct 7, 2012
    As I read it can be removed with a program called "Resource Hacker", anyone know how?

5. KTr1sk

KTr1sk MDL Junior Member

Feb 17, 2010
    I have the same problem,(I Have win8.1 PRO) my computer is activated I have activate over phone (I have bought win8 key from upgrade win7 to win8), the message "Secure isnt conigured coorrecty" Watermark...is still there...I have Asroc pro4 motherboard with latest bios..any solution...?

6. KTr1sk

KTr1sk MDL Junior Member

Feb 17, 2010
    I have now repair this "problem" on bios I have enable Secure UEFI and add my personal code..and Works..no more watermark in Windows 8.1 (before that...I have activate Windows)

7. night.fox

night.fox MDL Member

Sep 21, 2009
    I also have removed that watermark. as KTr1sk mentioned, enabling Secure boot in bios, but problem was personal code? I somehow cannot install any of my codes... I just installed default one. I dont know :D

Does this secure boot really matters?

8. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Only matters incase you´re trying to dual-boot with a linux, as with secure boot the system refuses to boot systems without matching certificate.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. JamesG269

JamesG269 MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2011
    Secure Boot is nice because it insures that your boot chain is not corrupted by malware. The bios, device roms, windows boot sector and system files are all checked to make sure their signature is valid. While some would say an AV is good enough for this, an AV cannot work if malware takes over before the OS then uses it's escalated privilege to hide, secure boot tries to eliminate that and some other attacks.

10. virusdefender

virusdefender MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2013
    I'm using k55vd as well,I don't know how to do...

11. dotana

dotana MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2013
    same problem, my laptop is asus x401

Anyone has solved this problem ?

12. okatomy

okatomy MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    yes

1) check your BIOS if there is Secure Boot Feature and enable that. if you havent maybe a BIOS update helps

or

2) Dont install 8.1 in UEFI Mode if your PC isnt Secure Boot capable

13. luke

luke MDL Senior Member

Jun 22, 2007
    A computer can be Secure Boot capable but the video card may not support Secure Boot which is in my case, I turn it on in the bios but because my video card doesn't support a windows 8 boot image the bios turns it off, On Asus boards the boot image is in printed in the bios to bypass this problem.

14. okatomy

okatomy MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    if your video card doesnt support UEFI / GOP then that makes your PC (as a whole unit) Secure Boot incompatible as to Microsoft specification.

15. night.fox

night.fox MDL Member

Sep 21, 2009
    I never heard of a video card not capable of secure boot..... you must be talking about UEFI GOP vbios right? in which its the ultra fast boot you must talking about

This is not true at all. well not entirely true. My video card doesnt have UEFI / GOP vbios but my mobo is secure boot capable...

I activated secure boot and after that, that water mark is gone. Im using now 8.1 for my gaming rig. Its not as stable but it feels ok :D

16. okatomy

okatomy MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    100% Correct would be according to Microsoft specification that CSM is disabled and then your UEFI / GOP incapable video card wouldnt boot.

With Asus Boards (maybe others aswell) you can have CSM enabled while secure boot is still enabled

With this setting you can have non-GOP video card and even legacy Boot ( non-UEFI) wheile secure boot is enabled. its just a trick for aftermarked boards

OEMs arent allowed to set up their windows logo compatible machines like that.

17. night.fox

night.fox MDL Member

Sep 21, 2009
    alright thanks... no my asrock mobo doesnt have that CSM option in my bios, only the secure boot...

18. okatomy

okatomy MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    maybe its called different at Asrock, CSM is Compatibility support module

CSM emulates old BIOS while the machine has an UEFI.

19. night.fox

night.fox MDL Member

Sep 21, 2009
    i know what CSM means. no i dont have it.

20. woebetide

woebetide MDL Member

May 28, 2007
    Asus G75VW same problem, no settings in bios!