Security Essentials detecting again that windows is not genuine...

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mephistopoa, May 30, 2010.

1. mephistopoa

mephistopoa MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2009
    Hi there, I'm fighting with security essentials for a few weeks already, I bought my mother a laptop but because her first language is not english, I installed a localized version and had to use a activator as M$ doesn't provide language pack for home premium and the problems the hack for language packs can cause makes the situation even worse for a laptop that is 8000 miles away now.

I've blocked that spynet hosts but seems now security essentials somehow is getting the windows key to compare with their database or even something else being sent to M$. Well, the laptop has the DAZ 1.8 loader working absolutely fine, on system it says windows activated and everything runs fine and that new update to kill the loaders was not installed.

Is there a work around for security essentials? It's a shame I can't use it because I changed the language but it needs to be in this way. Please give me some advice if possible, thanks! :worthy:

2. Calistoga

Calistoga MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
    What operating system were preinstalled on the laptop? If it was a version of Windows 7, then you would not need the loader ;)

3. mephistopoa

mephistopoa MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2009
    Win 7 home premium, but I can't install other localized win 7 home premium version like brazilian portuguese using the same OEM license key so far I know

4. Calistoga

Jul 25, 2009
  5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  6. mephistopoa

mephistopoa MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2009
    thanks for the tip, but where the certificate will be? or where do I get it from?

7. mephistopoa

mephistopoa MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2009
    Sorry but I believe this is not related to my problem, I haven't installed any language pack, I simply installed the native Win 7 version in brazilian portuguese.

8. Calistoga

Jul 25, 2009
    There used to be a collection thread around here somewhere, I'll see if I can find it. Eventually, you should just use the "Install certificate and serial" button in the loader, it does the exact same thing and it has got all the certificates integrated ;)

9. mephistopoa

mephistopoa MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2009
    I just done that, I've typed my serial and afterwards used windows genuine tools from M$ website, it passed. Now accessing control panel under system, it still says windows needs to be activated and says my key is invalid. It is a OEM key, and this version I've installed I found on a torrent site, so could it be a retail or one of that technet images released to the public, which means I can use my OEM key on it?

Thanks for your help

10. Calistoga

Jul 25, 2009
    Is the key an OEM:SLP or OEM:COA?

11. mephistopoa

mephistopoa MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2009
    I believe COA as it says Windows 7 Home Prem OA (I believe there is no enough space on the sticker)

12. mephistopoa

mephistopoa MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2009
    I was comparing these keys and they are exactly the same on DAZ loader, and exactly the ones I used before to activate that laptop, it worked fine, windows says it is activated fine but is security essentials that will detect somehow that my windows is counterfeit and says it is going to stop working in 30 days. Security essentials says that while when I look at control panel >system, it says windows genuine and activated :/

Don't know, but seems M$ is doing some nasty tricks using backdoors on security essentials for that.

13. Calistoga

Jul 25, 2009
    If it's found in the loader, then it's obviously OEM:SLP ;) Do you have any other cracks installed? Any entries in your hosts file?

14. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Well, clearly this is my mistake.... o_O

15. mephistopoa

mephistopoa MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2009
    just 3 entries on hosts to avoid that spynet crap, but I believe this wouldn't do anything, ins't it ? Besides this, plain vanilla installation on Win 7 home premium in brazilian portuguese

16. mephistopoa

mephistopoa MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2009
    No worries mate, anyway I appreciate the help :cool:

17. Calistoga

Jul 25, 2009
    #20 Calistoga, May 30, 2010
    Last edited: May 30, 2010