seeding a torrent?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by blueice23, Oct 26, 2011.

1. blueice23

blueice23 MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2011
    When I have uploaded enough for 1 full copy,can I delete that torrent+data & still have what I uploaded for another to use for that torrent?I have been uploading till at least 1 full copy,then I delete torrent from my computer.I figure what I uploaded is in the database for the torrent,so after I get rid of it on my computer the upload is still their for another to download.
    I am new to this & don't know wether I am correct or incorrect.I know it sounds silly deleting a torrent I downloaded.But what I do is,as soon as I have the full download I transfer a copy to a external HDD to save space in my pc.And I continue to upload,then after I get 1+ up I delete it from my pc.
    Also I usually get very slow upload,25-32Kb/s.Anyway to speed that up or is that about average?

2. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    if you want others to download your torrent,do not delete the file,let it seed,once you delete a file that has already been downloaded,others will not be able to download from you

3. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    You can't judge depending on the size that has been uploaded.
    Say you cut the data into 4 pices (part1 - part4) and you're seeding to 2 others, downloader1 and downloader2.
    If you've seeded the full size of the data there are 2 posibilities.

1) - downloader1 has part1 and part2
    - downloader2 has part 3 and part4
    This would be ok cause they can both share with eachother what the other doesn't have.

2) - downloader1 has part1 and 1
    - downloader2 has part3 and also part2 (just like downloader1).
    In this case downloader1 can share part 1 with downloader2 and vica versa for part3, but none of them will ever be able to get part4 without you seeding it.

Only lots of luck and pure coincidence could get your into possibility 1, it's almost impossible actually.
    So just leave the file there until at least 1 other party has all data.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. blueice23

blueice23 MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2011
    I never uploaded the torrent originally.Im uploading the torrent/file(s) I downloaded off the one who uploaded it originally & others that downloaded off the original uploader aswell.Most of them range from 1-8GB and are usually just 1 part for the whole torrent.Some like games are broken down into 18+ RAR files.
    So from what you guys told me,even when I have uploaded a 4gb torrent to 4gb.It doesn't stay in the in the original uploader's torrent for another to download once I delete the torrent I got off another?
    Or if it shows I uploaded the 4gbs,does someone else have it by then?

5. blueice23

blueice23 MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2011
    Ty all:).I know I can but it just seems right,& some uploaders aren't so nice to seed runners(DL & not seed).I try to seed longer,but I don't have a large main hdd & it gets filled quick.

6. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #6 timesurfer, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
    Please seed is all I got to say :p

Bro's/Sista's I got to let you know that it is simple :tongue2:

If your torrent is popular then it will have seeds no mystery

Most people use netflix to burn movies to share. Then you have cam's my favorite as their getting better and better and I actually have access to a movie theater but I won't go there cause I'm tired of all this stuff

I think my ratio is like 4,200,000/1 :shisha:...lol

Install peerblock or vpn this s**t and take the chance like all other uploaders take cause that's how it works. Real people take the chance to share their burn and their encoding. If it wern't for uploaders no one would have cool movies to watch for the poor and such

Don't be scared sharing is what god intended and their is no fee to be alive. You will not die if you do not have a job. You will survive and i love you all "Occupy Oakland" I am with you all *nods head*

Uploaders I love you guys all you dudes all release groups thank you so f'n much

Thank you

SHARE OR DIE *skull*

FTW the 99% will prevail

W. Oakland out peace :worthy:

[​IMG]