seems a lot of people including myself are getting a bit confused which to download

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by armada, Jul 25, 2009.

1. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    #1 armada, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
    so can someone maybe post which versions of 7 are actually legit?? like some people posting gold etc..are these all the same download or are some zukona and others something else?? can maybe we keep them to a single post (maybe mods) this way there are not a billion posts with the same links over and over with just different names??

im actually not sure which to download now myself..i downloaded the zukona ones were those really legit or?? thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sonyman

sonyman MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    #2 sonyman, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
    The zukona ones are ISO's that were compiled by Microsoft, and as such, are official releases. Previous releases by WZor and other groups were made in-house by repacking the files provided by the Chinese leaker. As far as I know all of the recent releases use that same file set, and contain identical file-sets. The only difference is that the zukona (official) release contains one additional file that need to be removed in order to install an edition of Windows 7 other than Ultimate.

3. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    okay thanks.. so the zukona's were verified correct? i dont have a way here to download these again since my network here will not allow it.. i got them back at home but didnt check them since everyone was posting they were real..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. vistadude

vistadude MDL Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Are people installing without keys or using ways around like loaders/slic ?

5. curley

curley MDL Junior Member

Jul 24, 2009
    What are the 2 additional files that need to be removed

Thanks

6. sonyman

sonyman MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    I was going by the word of others, but after checking myself, only one file has to be removed- ei.cfg from the sources directory.

7. curley

curley MDL Junior Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Thanks agaiin

8. stimey

stimey MDL Member

Apr 21, 2008
    #9 stimey, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  9. minoverta

minoverta MDL Member

Jun 17, 2009
    The first one from torrents.ru (ZUKO) is the best. Better than all the rest :D