Serious computer issues

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by TechImpaired, Nov 3, 2010.

1. TechImpaired

TechImpaired MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2008
    Hello,

I'm having MAJOR problems with my computer. I have a Toshiba Satellite A205-S5000 laptop running Windows Vista. Here's what happened--A few days ago I only had about 3 gigabytes of memory left on my laptop. Then I accidently dropped my laptop on the floor. No damage seemed to have been done and my laptop showed no effects from being dropped except that all of a sudden I now had 17GB of memory left after dropping it. So I started downloading more stuff(from YouTube). Everything seemed to be running fine so I have no idea if my problem now is related to the drop. Anyway, today(3 days later) when I went to use my laptop it was responding ridiculously slow. It started taking 3-4 minutes for any window or program to open. This got worse until eventually I couldn't get much of anything but get timeout error messages. I figured maybe I really didn't have 17GBs of memory and had run out of memory whih was making my comp unstable, so I tried to run a disk clean-up to delete some files. But I couldn't do it because I got an error message telling me whatever program I was trying to run timed out and/or was shutting down. Among the many error messages I got was an "I/O device error" message which I've never heard of before. I also can't seem to connect to the internet. When I try to shut the computer down it takes forever and I ended up having to power it off manually several times because it would just be stuck on the "Shutting down..." screen for over an hour. I tried to reboot it in Safe Mode but it got stuck on the reboot screen too for over an hour. I managed to manually delete some files files and empty my recycle bin so I should now have enough free space for the computer to run right, but the problems are still there. Finally, I got a message saying the "logon service" program was shutdown, and ever since I rebooted after that message I can now only log onto my computer as a Guest. When I try to log on with my normal Admin user I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the logon

User profile cannot be loaded"

At this point I can't do much of anything with the computer except log on as a Guest and browse folders. And anytime I click my mouse, whatever folder/window/program it touches immediately stops responding for several minutes if I'm lucky, or it stalls indefinitely if I'm not. Can anyone help with this? I'm at a loss from here.

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TechImpaired

TechImpaired MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2008
    :cheers:

WOW! I followed those instructions to enable the built-in Administrator profile which gave me the priviledges to fix my profile log-in problem from there. Somehow that fixed everything else too. Thank you so much. That saved my day! :worthy:

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Welcome dude!!! ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...