Serious Help Needed...........

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by santoshcoolhere, Aug 5, 2009.

1. santoshcoolhere

santoshcoolhere MDL Member

Jan 3, 2009
  2. reti

reti MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    try to boot with win7 then choose repair and restore

3. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #3 HotCarl, Aug 5, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
    Yes, boot your PC with the Windows 7 install DVD in the drive and perform a repair install. Explorer.exe is a dangerous file to be playing with, as it is basically the graphical shell/UI for the OS. I would suggest that you do not mess with that file anymore unless you know what you are doing. As you see, if explorer.exe fails to load, Windows fails to load.

EDIT: You may have to change your BIOS settings to enable your DVD/CD drive to boot first (before the hard drive).

4. searchengine

searchengine Guest

yikes.....:eek:

not surprised about your problem ... I'm assuming you have the latest Windows 7 RTM installed ....... the explorer.exe and patch dll's in that theme are all Beta version and do not match RTM versions.

You would need to replace explorer.exe and ALL other dll's with the version you have installed, to have any chance of recovery.

If by any luck you are dual booting; then I would take ownership of system32 files....then boot into other o/s and replace all the files you changed with your original versions.

5. ammarman

ammarman MDL Member

Jul 17, 2009
    This is what the author of the theme says:

how could you trust him ?

6. david3663

david3663 MDL Member

Jul 16, 2009
    did u install uxstyle first if not thats prolly the problem and i wouldnt replace my explorer file with a modded one just open it in restorator and extracft the images u need a put them in a 7600 version of explorer

7. searchengine

searchengine Guest

I'm betting uxstyle (by Raefel) was not used because that theme came supplied with themeui.dll and others to patch ..... but all BETA version 7000.

I think all those beta files were used ...on an RTM install, and all need to be replaced to original versions .... If attempted to repatch (as is) with uxstyle it would not work (uxstyle requires untouched original dll's to be in place)... and in worse case scenario would add to damage and possibly kill being able to boot into system.

Return all to originals, before attempting any repatching .... then if you get fixed and still want unsigned themes .... then use uxstyle then.

8. david3663

david3663 MDL Member

Jul 16, 2009
    yeah that sounds about right

9. santoshcoolhere

Jan 3, 2009
    Guys first of all thnk u 4 ur valuable replies but i already replaced all those files with the originals but still the explorer is complaining to start.Please nyone of u give me the original files of 7600.16385 x64.
    I need these files :
    1.explorer.exe(found in C:\windows)
    2.themeservice.dll(found in C:\windows\system32)
    3.themeui.dll(found in C:\windows\system32)
    4.uxtheme.dll(found in C:\windows\system32)
    5.ExplorerFrame.dll(This file is found in 3-4 locations nd i need all of them)
    6.OobeFldr.dll

Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me out and i cant even start the repair option coz i am downloading a 7.5GB Call of Duty World at War which is near to completion nd this thing happened.Thanks in advance............:)

10. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    aww you can't pirate software because you screwed your OS up. Cry me a river. Time to reformat your OS!!

11. santoshcoolhere

Jan 3, 2009
    i just need my PC for 1 day so dat i can download the remaining 1.7GB out of 7.5GB.Just one day guys...............................frm next on i'll use the Vista Service Pack 2.

12. searchengine

searchengine Guest

#12 searchengine, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2009
    @santoshcoolhere ...

6.1.7600.16385 [Original Files]

....DELETED LINK ....just realized it x64bit you are running ... my files x32bit
    sorry .... I don't have 64bit files

The 6 x Files in that zip .... ExplorerFrame.dll is the same file for different locations

hope a generous soul with 64bit will post you those files :eek: