Serious IPOD syncing issue!

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by icewater, Jan 23, 2010.

1. icewater

icewater MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2009
    Here's the problem:

This 80GB Ipod is never recognized by itunes, but its always recognized by Windows. I have plugged it into 4 different computers, they all see it. But when i install Itunes it never recognizes the device and therefor i can never sync it. The problem seems to lie with just the ipod.

I have formatted it in ntfs and exfat and its always seen by Windows but never by Itunes. I have also manually rebooted/reset the ipod by holding down menu and the select buttons.

Im stumped. :(

2. nykonoleh

nykonoleh MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2010
    It's may be happens due to the that firmware not support the particular Itunes.You have to update the version of Itunes or reset your Ipod online.If still problem continue contact Apple service station they replace your ipod with new one.

3. digital-life

digital-life MDL Novice

Apr 12, 2010
    yeah try updating it, might help.

4. Legendaryone

Legendaryone MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2010
    manually update the firmware and try again good luck

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. vladxed666

vladxed666 MDL Senior Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Update to latest itunes and do a full restore... Formatting Apple Devices in Windows causes sync problems....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...