Server 2008 ent hyper-v activation

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by brano, Jun 8, 2009.

1. brano

brano MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2008
    Hello,
    i am having problems with activating virtual machine using Hyper-v on server 2008 enterprise which is successfully activated.

Can someone please tell me how to activate it?

I didn t mode my virtual machine,because i don t know how to.Can someone please tell me the steps to do it?I don t see anywhere vmwp.exe on my virtual machine reading some posts here.

Many thanks for help,
    brano

2. brano

brano MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2008
    Ok,i read on this forum and managed to get it to work. :)

3. ilandra

ilandra MDL Novice

Jun 16, 2009
    Could you please post a note how you have done it ? whenever i try to get some OEM SLIC BIOS emulator to work the system does not boot up and gets stuck somewhere in GRUB.

4. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    No need for emulator, you only need modded BIOS file for Hyper-V

sebus

5. ilandra

ilandra MDL Novice

Jun 16, 2009
    Well the annoying part is that i have done it before with emulator. I remember that it was tricky somehow .. had to do something with order version of the hyperV and having no integration tools installed at the moment of doing the emulator. then patching it up .. but stupid me forgot to type it down somewhere or do a backup of fresh activated sys ...
    I am gonna give the modded server a try.. no idea if it will work out or how it will work out..

6. zoink

zoink MDL Novice

Mar 13, 2009
    Can anyone post instructions on how to successfully get a loader/SLIC emulator to work with Win2k8 SP2 within a Hyper-V virtual machine?

Modding the BIOS is a pain because of updates.