Server 2008 selectively installing Chrome browser

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by gmaslin, Feb 4, 2013.

1. gmaslin

gmaslin MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2010
    I tried unsuccessfully to remove or install the Google Chrome browser on individual server accounts. I don't want the admins to have it. How can I do this? I'm running the 32bit version of server 2008.

2. gmaslin

gmaslin MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2010
    vymrdal
    Thanks for the reply but you may not have understood my problem or I may not have understood your answer. I run a W2K8 server and have a local user name with limited rights that I use to browse with Chrome. When I first installed Chrome on the local user name, it didn't install on any other local user and that is how it should be by default but recently, I had to uninstall Chrome from this local username temporarily and discovered that re-installing it had also put Chrome on the admin users. I cannot seem to install or remove selectively and that is what I want to do. I only want Chrome on users without admin rights.

3. gmaslin

gmaslin MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2010
    vymrdal
    Okay, now I know that it is you that doesn't understand me. I am the admin and I don't want Chrome in any admin registry. This was how it was until recently, what was changed to prevent this configuration? I want to be able to install Chrome only on a local user without it being in the admin appdata. Why isn't this doable, what is the technical explanation?

4. gmaslin

gmaslin MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2010