Windows Server 2008/Server 2008 R2 OEM SLP Keys

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by reginakampher, Aug 28, 2008.

1. yulaw

yulaw MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2007
    #21 yulaw, Sep 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  2. reginakampher

reginakampher MDL Addicted

Apr 5, 2008
    I have tried it with both the MSDN and the trial version and they activated with the OEM key and the cert (with SLIC table in BIOS).

3. yulaw

yulaw MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2007
    Excellent news, saves me the trouble of dling the torrent to try out the oem mod.

4. reginakampher

Apr 5, 2008
    #24 reginakampher, Sep 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    (OP)
  5. reginakampher

Apr 5, 2008
    Thanks for the suggestion. I scrutinize each and every post in this thread and every post in here has something to do with the OEM key (except for this one---lol) so I am leaving it as is. Sorry.

6. Sergej

Sergej MDL Novice

May 9, 2008
    New Board

Thanks for and congratulations on this new separate board for Windows Server 2008!

7. minus-one

minus-one MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2008
    i don't know what prove you looking for :( services are up and running... roles that don't mean to be ("Active Directory Federation Services", "Windows Deployment Services"...) are installed (on vista you wouldn't get even that). updates are working. no issues whatsoever.

but anyway... if you don't like it, don't use it, wait for kosher datacenter oem key. it's your choice, i don't force you; just wanted to share what i thought is useful information for community :cool: sorry for that

8. yulaw

yulaw MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2007
    Sorry if my post caused confusion.

I did dl the msdn version of win2k8 std and didn't want to dl the oem dell if I did not need to.

After searching and reading I saw two was of converting the msdn ver to oem. One was discribed in the thread i linked to and the second was from regina's post about using the oem key and applying the correct cert.

I wasn't sure if the second option could be done on any disc, ie. msdn and not just dell oem disc, that's why I asked the question. I haven't had a chance to install it yet and try the key+cert.

9. reginakampher

Apr 5, 2008
    Not a problem at all. As long as you got the answer to your question is all that matters.

10. Sergej

Sergej MDL Novice

May 9, 2008
    The matter is NOT whether you or we or I like it or not, but whether it just does work as what it is made as.
    Nobody says he does not want to use that. He just says it's not what he wants, just a fake... It does NOT work like it shows itself in some dialog boxes.

11. MrChris

MrChris MDL Addicted

Jun 23, 2007
    So Im confused.

If my GigaByte GA-M55SLI-S4 BIOS modded with ASUS SLIC (which works for Vista activation) Can I import the Dell Cert and use the Dell Key to activate 2008 Standard Edition?

Or do I need to have a Dell OEM Slic in BIOS?

Also do I need a OEM ISO or can I use the ISO I downloaded from Microsoft Volume License Download Center?

Sorry if this has been asked already.

M

12. TheOneAndOnly

TheOneAndOnly MDL Junior Member

Aug 21, 2007

Just use the same ASUS cert with the Dell Win2k8 key and you should be good. ;)

You don't need the Dell OEM DVD, you can use the M$ one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. MrChris

MrChris MDL Addicted

Jun 23, 2007

Sweet Thanks for the quick response.

Now if only I could find a working download link of the Dell Cert?

14. Suicide Solution

Suicide Solution MDL Addicted

Apr 29, 2008
  15. sthnm

sthnm MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2008
    everything understood here..
    modded bios+any oem key +certificate realted to modded bios=activated server 2008

i dont know if its dumb question but i feel it important to ask...

the certificates that we use here are same of vista or they are the diferent ones..---- pls answer me this

i didnot find any links for asus or hp( or any other) certificates nor any information about the what should be in that modded slic table...

16. TheOneAndOnly

TheOneAndOnly MDL Junior Member

Aug 21, 2007
    #39 TheOneAndOnly, Sep 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. XcopyBR

XcopyBR MDL Member

Apr 25, 2008
    I cannot activate using VOLUME image from MSDN.
    the installer refuses to accept the OEM key.
    I can only activate using the trial image, freely available from the MS website.
    so you need retail/oem ISO. volume ISO wont work.