server Monitor

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by cyberbot, Apr 29, 2013.

1. cyberbot

cyberbot MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Dear All, i am looking for system monitor for DC and EX to install for report, Server : 2008R2 64bit Thank you

2. cyberbot

Jul 30, 2011
    Dear Cocachris89, thank you for your answer!. i need like to check how the system is functioning, how many recorces are used ect...

3. mgpeter

mgpeter MDL Novice

May 12, 2013
    You can actually use perfmon to capture the stats in a file that you can use to generate reports from. I have been using this method for a few years to provide reports for stress tests and to aid in troubleshooting extremely difficult issues (memory leaks at both the user and kernel level).

Once you capture the stats, you can use programs such as PAL - pal.codeplex.com - to generate some reports.
    Myself, I use a tool from appadmintools.com called Performance Report Generator, which is 50x faster than PAL and just produces the stats, no fluff. The downside with that one is that it does cost $50 and it does require MS Word to be installed - appadmintools.com

For instructions on capturing the stats into a BLG file, appadmintools has a guide on their site with templates to use as well.
    (First Post in this forum, thus no links)

4. cyberbot

Jul 30, 2011
    Thank you mgpeter,
    does it sent also warning to email notifiy? like if the server has been rebooted, or less space ... ?