Server/Nano-core 2019 - GUI addon question

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by xkp, Mar 10, 2019.

1. xkp

xkp MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2017
  2. maddogster

maddogster MDL Senior Member

Mar 23, 2015
    yes you are lost in legend in the dark of night hoping invaders don't come as in linux, osx invaders trying to flip you :) if you have followed the other thread for gui addon for a few years you understand how difficult it is as it is not a module or addon and the gui is heavily baked into the system hence too difficult as there are multiple security/non security patches every month and nobody on this forum can do the necessary work to make sure whatever gui addon is developed is not a security hazard; there is a reason i don't jailbreak my phone as i worry about security patches more in this day and age compared to some small control to install whatever i want on jailbreak but atleast windows server gives me full control for the most part; microsoft is trying to get everyone onto azure and eventually online cloud where it is just a matter of logging in and out to access the latest build :) :(

3. hoak

hoak MDL Member

Nov 13, 2009
    That's a cool RocketDock theme xkp where did you find it? Also, there are several projects that have attempted to build something up from the Nano/Core but always have trouble getting sound and sound drivers to work...o_O