Service Pack 1 for Machines with proper SLIC 2.1 Tables

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BIOSNOIDEA, Feb 26, 2011.

1. BIOSNOIDEA

BIOSNOIDEA MDL Senior Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Boys and girls, sorry if I am beating around the bush here but seems to be lots of confusion with this SP1

1) For any machine already running and activated with SLIC 2.1 in their Bioses, it is ok to install SP 1 with no dramas afterwards?

2)Or they know which is really original BIOS from OEM or moded and in the second instance you are done ?

Thanks !

2. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    yes, you should've searched... answers in many threads
    it works and no problems!

3. BIOSNOIDEA

Mar 8, 2009
    Thanks, I did but.................I may need new glassess.

Cheers

4. redstone

redstone MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2009
    Yeah it took me a while to find it to. You should change the thread title to: Service Pack 1 for Machines with proper SLIC 2.1 Tables DOES WORK :)

5. danny3456

danny3456 MDL Member

Aug 22, 2009
    It is as simple as that : No news is good news!!!

6. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Do you think people with official bought laptops would run in problems after updating to sp1 ? we use the same method on our modified pc's/laptops (bios mod).

7. BIOSNOIDEA

Mar 8, 2009
    Thanks to all !!!!

Redstone, point taken. Good to know that it works !

MICHEL: yes, you are 100% correct. The thing is I did not tell in the first place that while having dinner last Friday a friend of mine was swearing to God that he had a problem with SP 1 and the Acer had the proper SLIC 2.1. I said it was impossible but he insisted and I decided to shut my mouth.
    Number one it would mean an private and public key infraestructure has then changed and secondly what will they do with the immense installed base.
    I do not think when this was implemented they would have a gigantic database with evey CPU serial or ROM memory precise allocation to be able to discern and even date codes, etc.

I am the one to blame that pacniced a bit with his question.

Cheers