Change ISO-File Date - A tool that changes your created date attributes from iso header

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by -=ismail=-, Aug 14, 2016.

1. -=ismail=-

-=ismail=- MDL Member

Jul 25, 2013
    #1 -=ismail=-, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2019

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. vanelle

vanelle MDL Expert

Sep 22, 2014
    hmm
    what a nonsense

you should first inform about
    - Iso header and all Timestamps inside the iso header
    - Timzone / localtime etc. specifically Timezone calkulation (convert timestamp from TZ-iso to the local TZ of the user)

:D

3. -=ismail=-

-=ismail=- MDL Member

Jul 25, 2013
    - reworked

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. -=ismail=-

-=ismail=- MDL Member

Jul 25, 2013
    #4 -=ismail=-, Nov 27, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    (OP)
    sorry, my english is not the best to describe :)

btw. if I use WinRar it shows me the correct dates without changing to local timezone, hmm

5. -=ismail=-

-=ismail=- MDL Member

Jul 25, 2013
    #5 -=ismail=-, Dec 1, 2019
    (OP)
  6. MMIKEE

MMIKEE MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2012
    I used a Windows XP Pro_SP3.iso (No Updates) to TEST this program…

The Windows XP Pro_SP3.iso displays 2008-04-14 dates as SETUP.EXE and WIN51P.SP3 and many more which appear to be the date M$ may have created or released SP3…

After using “Change ISO-File Date” to reset the .iso Created: / Modified: / Accessed: dates, they were ALL reset to May 6, 2018…

Note: ALL of the FOLDER dates of this .iso are 2014-11-16

7. -=ismail=-

-=ismail=- MDL Member

Jul 25, 2013
    #7 -=ismail=-, Dec 1, 2019
    (OP)
    Then its not original iso from Microsoft!

If you rip from CD or with cdimage, the current date will be added to the header of the iso.
    But if you downloaded somewhere be careful with the iso.

Do you have retail or oem version?

The original iso looks like this one:
    Home Edition dated on: 2008-04-14

Attached Files:

8. MMIKEE

MMIKEE MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2012
    I've had this Pro XP .iso so long, I don't remember now... I use a VL Prod Key to activate it when I install it in VM or a real PC...
    I'll TEST your program on a W7 or W10 .iso and provide feedback later...

9. MMIKEE

MMIKEE MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2012
  10. -=ismail=-

-=ismail=- MDL Member

Jul 25, 2013
  11. vanelle

vanelle MDL Expert

Sep 22, 2014
    never change the iso DATA !!!!!!
    you can only change the FILETIME on your HD (SSD or whatever)
    i have not tested your tool, but i bet you make big mistake (coz you calkulate the FILETIME wrong)
    the timestamp from the iso header = Time GMT xxx (TZ-byte)
    get the tempFILETIME = time_ISO-header) +- The timezone-ofset <--- this is GMT +-0 time
    then you can convert to tempFILETIME to c++ ft_FILETIME
    then you can use c++ ft_FILETIME to set the 3 Filetime of the ISO-File (last access, create, modified)

have you do this in your tool ?
    if yes, i lost my bet

EDIT:
    each user outside GMT0 see a different time (coz he live in a different TZ / set different PC TZ values)

12. -=ismail=-

-=ismail=- MDL Member

Jul 25, 2013
    #13 -=ismail=-, Dec 2, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    (OP)
    hi, first off i dont want to manipulate original iso files. i am aware of this!
    it was a thought for people who slipstreamed updates into iso and want their original dates back. with warnings. nvm. youre right, it's better not to do this.

dates. i did not the way you described (thanks), maybe in similiar way yes, but the method i use seems to be working. also for dst.

Timezone tz = &HE4 'west
    for west: result = (&HFF + 1 - tz) / 4 '15min x 4 = 1hour
    for east: result -= tz / 4

Timespan ts = (255 + 1 - 228) / 4
    ts = 7

- then created a new date with datestrings in utc
    - added ts to date
    creationtime = date.utc

note: the tool did not changed the dates again while changing timezone in windows.