Setfsb problems?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by scape206, Dec 1, 2009.

1. scape206

scape206 MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2009
    So earlier on (bout 2 weeks ago) i was trying to figure out the type of MB i have in order to OC my laptop, well now i found the type of MB i have and i can OC, what seems to be my problem is i cannot OC over 1836.6mhz, my laptops original clock is 1.6ghz... so its not too much of an upgrade... After trying to increase it past 1836.6, for some unknown reason it decreases back down to 1400's. Oh BTW I am using SETFSB to OC. Thanks for your helpzy :D

2. fireshark

fireshark MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2008
    Enjoy your system instability and cooling problems. Have you considered that the PLL does not able to set above this level?

3. scape206

scape206 MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2009
    First of all, i dont have any system instability problems :) Second of all, I dont have any cooling problems, as i made a usb fan for my laptop using an old computer fan and the laptops box :p (actually works like a charm w00t). And like Darth said, i think my board is 626 and not 625, which is not supported by setfsb... I might wait till clockgen is out and then try... Thanks for all your help... And BTW i can run games that have min requirements of 2.0ghz on my laptop no problem :D (on minimum settings) :D Love these forums and thanks Darth_Vader for the help...