Setting up TOR

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by morphism, Dec 18, 2012.

1. morphism

morphism MDL Novice

Dec 10, 2012
    Hello all, I'm sorry that I'm not anywhere near as advanced as you users are. Here's my issue: I'd like to get the TOR toggle button working again. I accidentally hit "Restore Default Settings" and now I can't get FireFox to connect to the tor network. I have the Vidalia bundle installed and set up, so I can connect to the network, but I can't toggle with the button. Any links to this issue would be MOST appreciated. I know that there are many different ways to use TOR to browse the Internet, so if someone knew of any links someone else has made on how to configure FF to run the tor button, AND HAVE IT ACTUALLY TOGGLE, that would be AWESOME! If not, then if someone could just show me how to set up two different FireFox browsers - one that is always on the TOR network, and one that is not - I'd greatly appreciate that all the same. All the best folks, Morphism PS: I know my post count is low, but if you read my intro, you'll see that I plan on being here a LOOOOOOOOONG time. :wink:

PS: there's something wrong with my browser settings, so I'm not able to make block separations between paragraphs. If someone knows why THAT is, I'd appreciate an answer about that as well.

EDIT: apparently running NoScript made it so that I could not make large space separations, like this one.

See?

...but the first part is one long run-on paragraph.

Yeah, NoScript is a Plug-in I'm not very used to at the moment.

2. morphism

morphism MDL Novice

Dec 10, 2012
    I had FF configured with NoScript and Ghostery, so there wasn't much of a fingerprint in the first place. Also, I've heard there is a TOR forum, where I can learn how to set it up properly, including the patches in FF. Is this true? If so, can someone link me to it?

3. morphism

morphism MDL Novice

Dec 10, 2012
    Can I connect to TOR-only sites?

That's the real reason why I wanted the TOR button working.

But nevermind that now.

I've set up the tor bundle, but can only access SOME onion sites, but not all. Any idea why this is?