Settings change by themselves

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ThomasMann, Jun 5, 2017.

1. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    I have recently clean installed Wi 7 ulti und find now, when I start up the computer, that regularly some of the settings have been changed.... Unimportant things, like Software added to the start up menu. Or items added to, or deleted to the taskbar settings, or in Ff or Ccleaner.
    And one bigger problem, the VPN no longer works properly. (But that may be PIA's problem, their support is atrocious at present)

Maybe it is best to re-Install again? But I rather understand what is going on....

Any suggestions, somebody? Thank you

2. RedSkywalker

RedSkywalker MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2014
    I'm having a similar experience. Win 7 home premium and I run Kodi on the pc and display either on my monitor or big screen tv via hdmi. To do the latter I changed the settings to extended display, chose apply and then okay and everything was fine BUT for some unknown reason theses settings do not stick and I cannot display on the tv until I go through the process again!

3. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    I had an Acronis back-up of my installation.
    Katzenfreund taught me how to use that, (thanks again), and I installed it on top the "faulty" one, after trying everything else.

And that has solved the problem. At least for the two weeks since...