Shame on ME

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by thomas-007, Feb 21, 2011.

Tags:
  1. thomas-007

thomas-007 MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2011
    I may just get slammed as this there might already be a thread but for the record I have look for a few hours now, if this is the case sorry:confused:

I do not have a whole disk image of my laptop,rather separate partitions which is / has proven to be useless for this problem. SHAME ON ME:mad:

I purchased Gateway NV53 with Win 7 hp "PRETTY MUCH USELESS" so after being disgruntled about the MS Marketing Ploy:mad: I found a solution for backing up my existing key files and opted to reinstall win 7 with a clean install, but this time I choose the Ultimate ver - O I forgot to say win 7 64 came with the LT but I ponied up $100.00 for a 32 bit ver OEM thing is I do not read Japanese but luckily familiarity with the English ver recovery council helped me guess correctly when needed.

To get to the point for 6 months or so I have been using Win 7 Ultimate "very little" and Vista |Ultimate in a dual boot application. Both are cracked since MS will no longer allow the sail of Vista "at least B.D and the C.C" informed me they were no longer allowed to retail it - So I fired up Utorrent Yeah.

Win 7 and Vista have lived and worked with out issue for several months and they were both activated even had the dredded validation update from ms installed with out issue, but things have changed after recovering from a unbootable crash "thanks to ultimate boot cd" I was able to get back in to vista and ran BCD to fix the boot loader issues, had to reactivate Vista all went well till I booted into 7 at that point things went downhill.

The past two days I have been trying to get bot activated again but with no success as I can only have one activated and during the process it "Boot loader" will deactivate the other flavor. I have reinstalled 7 twice maybe three times.

I am currently using the most current ver of Windows loader 1.9.7 and still have been unable to have both re-activated.

The Partition scheme is 7 is the active partition and vista is on a logical drive and this is how it has been for several months.

Any help or direction would be most appreciated as I have been ready to "almost through this out the window".

Thank You for preserving through this rambling post.

Note: This set up has worked for several months and I was hacking around with a pll program to up the buss speed when the crash happened, so I am aware the bios was accessed but to my knowledge was not changed,with that said I still downloaded the recent bios for the Gateway nv53 v Phoneix 1.04 but had no need to install it again.
    o_O

2. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    I have two nv53 both have 2,1 bios so why are you using a loader vista and seven will work with slp keys and certs use the acer cert for both

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. thomas-007

thomas-007 MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2011
    Thank You Brainsuck - will go try.. and post back

4. Dre009

Dre009 MDL Addicted

Oct 26, 2009
    #4 Dre009, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
    @brainsuck
    you beat me to it
    I also have a nv53 and it has a 2.1 bios hens no need to use the loader
    just install the certificate and the serial

5. thomas-007

thomas-007 MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2011
    The SLIC is a bios mod is it not?

6. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    yes already in it use key and cert

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. thomas-007

thomas-007 MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2011
    Sorry for my lack of understanding here - but I had a look at the SLIC thread earlier and does this method require me to extract the bios from the *.bin file and add the SLIC from the applicable Acer options for example Win 7 (Acer[ACRSYS-ACRPRDCT-ANNI]2.1.BIN = EB465548 2.1 CERT) and for Vista (Acer[ACRSYS-ACRPRDCT-ANNI]2.0.bin = 8848BF02 | 2.0 CERT). I found a quite extensive list of tools required for this hack. Also the Vista listed is 2.0 CERT should this be of any concern?

Sorry - This is a learning curve...

Thank again Thomas

8. Dre009

Dre009 MDL Addicted

Oct 26, 2009
    The BIOS is already 2.1, no need for modding
    i think since the certificate is 2.1 that will be installed, the 2.0 certificate is not required because it (2.1 cert) support both vista and window 7.

i will sent you a pm soon

9. thomas-007

thomas-007 MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2011
    Dre Thank You:biggrin: tried to pm a reply but I lack the seniority to respond. I had the SLIC info from the SLIC THREAD but you post clarified the howto part "Need an EASY BUTTON" Thanks again it has been a very trying two days and when I can bring the XP Raid 5 backup sever back up - I will do a whole img of this little laptop and not just partition img, which seem unhelpful at this point.

And yes the raid 5 hack for xp is nice along with the TS hack it turns the little xp in to a sever.