Sharing Files Across WiFi Windows 10 X64 Enterprise Error Msg 0x80070035

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by armadillotuff, Feb 28, 2019.

1. armadillotuff

armadillotuff MDL Member

Feb 2, 2013
    I am trying to share an Access file(s) using the same WiFi on four different desktops for a Windows 10 X64 Enterprise system. Since there is no longer the Homegroup available I can’t seem to get these files to be seen across desktops.

I have the Workgroup of each desktop set the same, example:MCDS I have set each desktop computer with a different name, example desktop1 desktop2. I am not using Domain servers.

On the network screen I can see desktop1 and desktop2, but if I’m on desktop1 and try to access desktop2 I get the error message 0x80070035, Error code 0x80070035. The network path was not found seen on Windows 10.

I’ve checked all my share features and network settings, and I still can’t access an access file from either computer.

Can someone help me?

2. bonesz

bonesz MDL Addicted

Jun 30, 2013
    Check your SMB settings I had to enable SMB1 in order to see network shares

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. armadillotuff

armadillotuff MDL Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Can you show me what you did, or how to do it? Thanks

4. armadillotuff

armadillotuff MDL Member

Feb 2, 2013
    I just read that Windows 10 Enterprise does not contain the SMB1 Client or Server. If true does that mean I have to convert my Windows 1o ENTERPRISE TO SOMETHING LKE PROFESSIONA?

5. armadillotuff

armadillotuff MDL Member

Feb 2, 2013
    I figured it out and tested on two Dell Laptops with WIFI. Here is the way I got the shared data to work:
    SHARING FOLDERS ACROSS WIFI ON WINDOWS 10 PROFESSIONAL

Go to the folder you want to share and right click on it, then go to properties

Go to the Sharing Link, click on “Network Link & Sharing Center”.

Hide the Private category

Click on the Guest or Public Category

Turn on network discovery

Turn on file and print sharing

Hide Guest category

Click on “Show All networks”.

Turn on sharing so that anyone with network access can read or write files in the public folders.

Turn off Password protected Sharing

Click save Changes.

Go back to the folders properties in folder window.

Click on share button

Choose everyone from the dropdown list and set permissions to Read/Write

Click share Button, get message your folder is shared

Click done.

In order for the receiving computer to see the shareable folder you must give them the share name, as example: \\DellMaster\file name you want to share. (the DellMaster is the name of your desktop where the share will come from, and the name is either the folder or the file)

For the receiving computer to open the file, they must be on the same WIFI network.

Go to the command line and type exactly the file name you are receiving, as example.

\\DellMater\file name

Hit the enter key and your information will transfer to your desktop.

You can save it to wherever you want or just open the files you want to access.

This file is in the Software/Windows 10 folder on the master computer