Short delay when opening "Modern" apps

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ssknight7, Nov 13, 2014.

1. ssknight7

ssknight7 MDL Novice

Jan 12, 2013
    This is one of my biggest issues with the "Modern" apps and I just want to make sure others experience it as well.

Windows 10 replaced the Networks flyout (when you click the network icon in the system tray) with the PC Settings modern app popping up and taking you to the available networks listing. The most annoying aspect of this change is where the Networks flyout and old networks popup showed instantly when you clicked the network icon, the new Connections Takes about a second or so to open. During the 1 second load time there's just a large Cog icon as a place holder in the window while it's loading.

This 1 second delay probably seems like a small deal but I find it really jarring as I use tons of different VPNs all day for work, so I'm experiencing it often. I've had the same experience when opening the Connections Modern app in Windows 8.1 as well, so I know this is not just a Windows 10 TP bug.

Is there a way to stop that 1 second delay when opening the Connections modern app?

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    have you forgot it is a Technical Preview? Your fault if you use it as main system

3. ssknight7

ssknight7 MDL Novice

Jan 12, 2013
    I tried to head off the "this is a technical preview" cop-out responses at the outset but was predictably unsuccessful. This is not a Windows 10 technical preview issue as it happens when you open Modern apps in Windows 8.1 as well.

Does anyone know if there is a way to speed up the initial load time for Modern apps? I think it's possible (though not likely) that this placeholder image for modern apps is almost like a presentation screen that doesn't necessarily need to be there. If that's the case, it seems there should be a way to disable it. Attached an image in case anyone wants to see what I mean by "placeholder image"..

Again, Paul.. garbage response.

Attached Files:

4. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    this is the right way to get no response any more and now you get reported. have a nice day

5. WildByDesign

WildByDesign MDL Addicted

Sep 8, 2013
    With all due respect, Paul, I am relatively new here and know that what I say doesn't hold as much weight. But I thought that ssknight7 spoke respectfully and replied respectfully. Certainly nothing worthy of reporting. I suppose only the "garbage response" part could have been said and/or taken differently, of course.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    yep, insulting ppl is the way to MDL's exit :eek: