Shortcut for LAN settings

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by venu, Dec 16, 2009.

1. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    Hey guys,
    I frequently find myself accessing LAN settings to change proxy server settings. But for that I have to dig through Tools-Internet Options-Connections-LAN settings. Does anybody know how to create a desktop shortcut for 1 click access to LAN settings? Am running Win 7 ultimate. Thanks a lot.:confused:

2. rickeo

rickeo MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    Don't know how to directly answer your question, but I get there by right clicking "Network" in the Start Menu > Properties. Then click Change Adapter Settings on the left.

EDIT

Nevermind, you are talking about IE specific stuff. I thought you where talking about actual LAN settings for Windows 7.

3. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Drag the icon of the LAN Adaptor you want a shortcut for onto the desktop and select create shortcut.

(Or simply drag with the left button, this will create one automatically.)

Then when you click the shortcut the status window will pop up.

From there you can select enable/disable, details, diagnosis and properties/configuration.

I myself have such a shortcut in my QuickLaunch, along with one for my internet connection...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Ah, i see.

You meant the other LAN settings under Internet Properties.

Well in that case my tip wont help you since you cant set the proxy there...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    Thanks guys. jbysmith's tip got me to within a mouse click of LAN settings. Am delighted.:D
    Will also try the IE proxy tool...sounds promising.