Shortcuts don't Normal,Help me!!!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Thành Đạt, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Thành Đạt

Thành Đạt MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. night.fox

night.fox MDL Member

Sep 21, 2009
    I could see tune up utilities were installed. Have you tried the repair wizard of tune up? I dont know the windows work around though. I'm sure somebody knows how to fix this the M$ way lol...

May i know what happen or what you installed or what did you do prior to this?

3. Thành Đạt

Thành Đạt MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2009
    i will try,thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Thành Đạt

Thành Đạt MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2009
    OK,thanks U very much!

5. night.fox

night.fox MDL Member

Sep 21, 2009
    fix or not???

6. Thành Đạt

Thành Đạt MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2009
    i don't use repair utilities in tuneup but i uninstall TU after OK!:D

7. night.fox

night.fox MDL Member

Sep 21, 2009
    nyaks...... ^_^

never had that problem. I have tune up installed. Well your choice mate ^_^

8. Thành Đạt

Thành Đạt MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2009
    i don't known why,I use utilities in TU remove arrow after restart shorcuts error but when i try uninstall TU,my shortcuts back normal,lol :D

9. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    #9 genuine555, Nov 14, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
    Tune Up did in fact mess up my x86 win7 a while back.

It worked well for a while, but then suddenly messed up my icons, and some time after that couldn't login anymore. It would boot, but at logon screen it would just stay there. So I knew the issue was software based. Logged in in safe mode, went to events viewer and saw an error related to "Tune Up application". I knew then it was TuneUp Utilities. So tried to uninstall, but couldn't. The uninstall procedure for this app was also corrupted. So had to boot again safe, this time with command prompt, and manually remove all directories and files in programs folder, cause in explorer deleting the directories in programs folder was also impossible, due to many files in use... , then performed a reg clean with ccleaner, and then removed any residual regkeys manually in the registry. There were about 150. U wouldn't believe how deeply rooted this application is. Took me almost an hour to clean up the pollution by this app.

After that I could logon again, did one more check, and luckily TuneUp was history.

I now use iconpackager. It won't give me that kind of headache.

10. rdyoung

rdyoung MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2009
    Have you ever used revouninstaller? It uses the apps own uninstaller and then scours windows looking for any remnants that the app left behind.

11. bambara

bambara MDL Junior Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Were you using Tuneup 2010? I think it's the only version that's compatible with Win7, or at least that's what the creators of it claim.

12. night.fox

night.fox MDL Member

Sep 21, 2009
    never had a problem with tune up myself ^_^ i am using 2010 version

13. rjc862003

rjc862003 MDL Junior Member

Sep 4, 2009

.. wow damm noobs

Stop using noobware like uninstallers or a registery cleaners they WILL FK YOUR PC UP
    learn2use your pc

14. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    I DID remove all regkeys manually, but only because TuneUp was removed just by deleting it's directory in programs folder, and therefor in registry, many of it's keys were still linked to valid processes, and so ccleaner couldn't find them cause they weren't actually "broken".

And even then, someone that uses ccleaner or any other app alike, isn't therefor by definition a n00b.
    Most of them are just lazy, or are lacking time to do things the hard way, which is perfectly understandable.
    And for one, Ccleaner is one powerfull app, like it or not.
    It has saved my registry in the past many times over. It does exactly the same things to fix regkeys as you would manually, only 1000 times faster. So fixing your registry by deleting and changing invalid keys manually instead of using an app like ccleaner (WHEN U HAVE THE CHOICE) wouldn't make u an expert, my dear friend. It would make u quite stupid.

I'm sorry, but someone making such a statement is not that much of an expert himself I believe, or he would know better. And I think I speak for everyone here.

15. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    i guess im a noob then :(

16. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Then by definition everyone is a n00b :p

17. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    how would you calculate that anyways

18. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    I wouldn't know at all. I'm a n00b, remember ? :D

19. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    i dont know if it has been fixed or not but

have you used any tool to remove the shortcut arrows?

20. Thành Đạt

Thành Đạt MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2009
    I use only TU 2010 but after Uninstall TU,shortcuts back normal,lol