Should I buy Iphone8 or Note8 ~~

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by jason1323, Nov 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jason1323

jason1323 MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2017
  2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    If those are the only two choices, I choose a flip phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Upgrade to android! You wont regret it..:D

5. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Android all the way. :thumbsup:

6. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Where did I say that, do you know how to read?

7. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    @MS_User: I didn't choose Android because it's safer than Apple. I chose it because of options not available to me from Apple.
    Putting aside the awful price point and limited functionality, If I choose the correct phone, I can open up the boot loader and root it.

(I chose a used Galaxy Note 3 / SM-900V, which has a developer mode)

Boot loader opened without tripping the knox flag. ;)

Not to mention XDA forums, which is an amazing resource for all things Android.

I just don't see anything like that out there for Apple products.

YMMV.

@R29k: Yeah I didn't read that in your post either. :g:

@OP: Stay away from all things LG. Just my advice,as I had nothing but trouble with the LG Venice.

8. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
  9. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    @dhjohns: If that was an iPhone, they would have left the dialer off...

bcos you don't need it, and we know what's best for you. :D

10. rocky123

rocky123 MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    I vote for the lg v30

11. IbinPharting

IbinPharting MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2017
    No Such Agency can get into anything they want. Flip phones included.

Script kiddies/genuine hackers running rogue access points or femtocell devices that can get into andriod FAR outnumber the same number of those groups than can compromise IOS device using the same method.

Get an iPhone, constantly run everything through cellular vpn and keep a faraday bag handy.

And don't EVEN fall for that hardened android bs anybody tries to sell you. :rolleyes:

Pre-Android Blackberry is also not a bad choice.

12. pinkmoon89

pinkmoon89 MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2017
    iOS is outdated, overpriced rubbish. Don't get me wrong I like Macs but their phone offerings have been bad since around the iPhone 5.

13. Jari

Jari MDL Senior Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Sounds paranoid. I use VPN only for torrents, as they slow down your connection and then, also your phone. Well, it might be OK when connecting to unknown access points, but I do that very rarely.

My Mi Max 2 is full of mod apps and I am often visiting "bad" sites, but I have never had a problem with them. Honestly, I might mesh my phone by myself, but never had a virus or malware in my phone. It makes me think that scaring people is just part of "business" of security industry :)

By the way, Note 8 is a nice phone, but LG V30 is a nice one too. I prefer my Mi Max 2 with big display and huge battery instead of them :) ... if you like play with camera, then just check that you have Qualcomm 8xx chipset, as you need it for Google Camera HDR+ camera app. It is the best one for low light.

14. Yasirabbas

Yasirabbas MDL Novice

Dec 18, 2017
    Its depend on your interest. But i will recommend you to buy iphone 8.

15. VDev

VDev MDL Member

Sep 9, 2015
    I configure my mom's iphone 7 and iOS quality has degraded and almost crap these days. New update 11.2.1 just wrecked the battery life again because couple of weeks ago just 11.2 fixed the battery life.
    I'd recommend to get an S8 because coming from an iPhone the Note 8 will be a big brick that refuses to fit in your pockets.
    Even S8 has 5.8" infinity screen and form factor is similar to Apple iphone 7/8.
    If you are too familiar with iOS then I would say you will switch to iOS anyway since Android feels somewhat inferior acc. to iOS users. IRL, android is great and like @Michaela Joy said Android can be rooted or tweaked just like Windows w/o tripping Samsung Knox at all. A 100% win-win situation.

16. wendellhill

wendellhill MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2018
    Go with iPhone 8

17. Ranskert

Ranskert MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2018
    I am using iPhone 8 , to be honest , There's no obvious difference from previous iPhone models ,There is a difference between design and hardware

18. jess bounds

jess bounds MDL Novice

May 25, 2018
    Iphone 8