Should I upgrade to W10, help

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by supashaka, Nov 18, 2015.

1. supashaka

supashaka MDL Junior Member

Mar 19, 2015
    I have daz loader installed windows 7 ultimate, I hope somebody can help me with some questions:

1) I have the W10 upgrade icon. Will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 (I've read some people had problems if it was Daz loader activated?), will it be W10 ultimate (if there is such a thing, I've only spotted a pro version) , and will it be the same as if I'd upgraded from genuine windows? (I wanted to make sure since I read conflicting statements, that you would be upgraded to windows 10 for free but remain pirated??)

2) If I decide I want to go back to W7, can I just use my old W7 ISO and reactivate with DL?

3) Has Microsoft released the ISO yet, if so where can I download it from, if not is there any indication when? Is it safer to hold off upgrading until I have the ISO, so I can do clean installs when necessary (such as when my system slows down too much/develops problems etc.)

4) The main reason I want to upgrade is that W10 will give my system more power for gaming, and Microsoft will soon stop support of W7 so eventually people will have to upgrade anyhow. Are there any other significant adv/dis (I'm kind of aware of the privacy problems and that you can turn a slider to mitigate to some extent as far as I know).

2. hkgrob

hkgrob MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2012
    Umm, perhaps read the threads. All the answers are here already.

3. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. supashaka

Mar 19, 2015
    #4 supashaka, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    (OP)
    Thanks fkar that really helps, much appreciated. Which edition do I need, it says KN/N/single language/just Windows 10, says all work for W10 pro. It mentions I should download both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions, why is that? I use 64 bit W7.

Also how does the ISO let you choose between home/pro version? And am I right in thinking I'll never have to enter a product key in future reinstalls?

Is there a reliable download anywhere of the recent update injected into the ISO (via the media creation tool)? Do you think as more major updates are released people will upload them included in the ISO? (Since it saves time when clean installing, like W7 with SP1 included etc.)

5. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015

1- Yes you can, DL should not be a problem. There is only home and pro for win 10.

2-Anytime you can clean install 7 and use DL, just because you upgraded, has nothing to do with 7 clean install.

3-You said you have the win 10 upgrade in windows update, you can't get any safer then windows update.

4- Win 10 will not give more power for gaming, the only reason will be DirectX 12 when game fully support it. All of the privacy options when installing at OOBE will not stop all Telemetry.

** Just posted for other MDL people so they have a answer if they read the questions.

6. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    For your case simply select Windows 10 and proceed.

It's not mandatory to download both 32 and 64 bits. For your case simply click on the link below 64 bit.

I recommend to downlod from this site since you can resume your download within 24 hours anytime. Also, it is much faster. In this ISO itself latest TH2 update is included.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. supashaka

Mar 19, 2015
    I assume you mean the W10 SFV repository on this site?

But how do you resume downloads, do I have to use a special downloader to download it? I also assume as further updates are released they will be added to the ISOs?

(I will use windows upgrade, I only need the ISO for when a clean install is needed) I read that in the way that W8 is more powerful for gaming compared to W7, so too is W10?

8. Scor1pan

Scor1pan MDL Junior Member

Sep 18, 2015
  9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Slic 2.1 is official genuine so it works for upgrade to get HWID.

10. supashaka

Mar 19, 2015
    #11 supashaka, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    (OP)
    1) I get that when I upgrade, the process will detect that I have W7 ultimate and determine that I receive W10 pro, but when I use an ISO for a clean install in the future will it give me W10 home? Or will there be an option to choose pro based on the permanent W10 license detected?

2) I've read I won't have to enter a product key in future clean installs (there's just an option to click I don't have a product key)?

3)What's the difference between SVF and AIO repository in the stickies? It's All in one right? And svf is used to extract just the version you want so it takes less storage space?

Which one do I need? Could you link the one you recommended here (I can see the ultimate repository x64 English insider build 10565?)

4) I'm hoping someone can confirm, will future updates continue to be injected into ISO repositories on this site? Surely it would make a difference in the long term when they build up, to not have to wait for W10 to download all updates after a clean install, and make it worth downloading from here rather than the official microsoft link? Please explain why if I'm wrong
    :)

With W7 I only found ISos with SP1 injected, I'm trying to understand if with W10 you will be able to get all updates injected?

11. supashaka

Mar 19, 2015
    I'm hoping somebody might know the answers to my above q's?

12. potjevleesch

potjevleesch MDL Addicted

Aug 7, 2010
    1) no
    2) yep it's a digital licence
    3) have a better look
    4) God only knows