Should I use this Windows 7 OS?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Askari, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Askari

Askari MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2010
    So, about a year ago I downloaded Windows 7 from a site (Not sure if I'm allowed to name), but the poster had around 500 posts saying thank you etc. I used it for around a year, until my Itunes account info was stolen. Nothing else, just that. I'm paranoid because there could be a rootkit in the bootloader or the kernal. I'm using XP at the moment, and I need to reformat because my friend decided to keylog me as a prank and I cannot get rid of it, but I lost my XP disk. Should I just use this old disk? My internet is slower than molasses so dling a new OS isn't a good option.

2. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

#2 JaguarXJ12, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2010
    That's one depressing story mate.

1. You could save up for an OEM license of Windows 7, it's a cheap way of going legit.

This way you don't have to worry about downloading something tampered with and slow downloading speed.

2. You could at a friend's house if he/she has better download speeds download either a clean Windows 7 iso from somewhere or in worst case download a Windows Server 2008 R2 Trial directly from Microsoft if you're in desparate need of an OS.

3. Either way punch your "friend" in the face for keylogging you and demand he/she to fix the problem ASAP!

3. kevin_lee

kevin_lee MDL Novice

Dec 9, 2010
    Windows 7 os has lots of best features, and it is easy speedy.

4. MPqO

MPqO MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2010
    More secure, More stable as an OS than any other windows version.. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...