Should The Clean Install Experience Be Updated and/or Modernized?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by PolyNelson3200MAX, Aug 10, 2019.

?

Should The Windows 10 Clean Install Experience Be Updated/Modernized To Make it More Consistent?

Poll closed Nov 8, 2019.
  1. Yes, definately, the installer looks dated, old.

53.8%
  2. No, nobody cares about the Install screen.

46.2%
  1. PolyNelson3200MAX

PolyNelson3200MAX MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2019
    The Windows DVD installer has looked almost exactly the same since 2013, even with the same color schemes for Client and Server.

It still resembles Aero and has a lot of skeuomorphism, which makes it inconsistent with the rest of Windows 10's UI.

I think it could be updated with the following changes:

1. Background should be Light Blue (as this is the default color used by Windows 10);

2. The main install window border should lose its rounded corners and be colored white or a lighter gray, to resemble paper.

3. All buttons as well as the partition selection effect should lose all the skeuomorphism, becoming flat and rectangular;

4. The install icon on the upper left corner of the install window should be just a small light-blue arrow pointing down.

5. Finally, the progress bar on the bottom of the screen should be changed from green to a dark blue.

This is just my humble opinion, what do you think?
    I also submitted this on the feedback hub, although I doubt Windows' devs will ever consider it.

2. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    You have too much time on your hands! :roflmao:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    When the installer starts it should have only one screen that says "Do you want to format your hard drive and be spied on?" And the only option is "Yes."
    Then it wipes your drive and installs.
    It doesn't ask for your user name, it just makes an account called pwnd.

4. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    "By clicking 'OK', the Windows Setup will continue and wipe your hard drive with your precious data, and install our system which we will use to get full control over your computer and your life.
    You will be assimilated!
    Resistance is futile!

Welcome to the collective, drone."

5. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    #5 kaljukass, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    Interesting, You don't speak at all about what should color blind people do?
    Do not discriminate these people.
    But otherwise your suggestion is great, the colors are really very important.
    But it would be even better if everyone could choose the colors themselves. What do you think about that, if there was a choice?
    Maybe you want to do a new poll?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp MDL Addicted

Jan 19, 2017
    Microsoft and polish don't go hand in hand.

Microsoft is poor at noticing obvious things like these and that's the reason why Windows Mobile operating system failed hard.

People make a subconscious decision about your product noticing small things like these.

7. bfoos

bfoos MDL Guide Dog

Jun 15, 2008
    I don't really care about the installation screens but jebus please change those green progress bars present everywhere to blue!

8. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Are they green I always see blue :p

9. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    #9 kaljukass, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  10. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
  11. bfoos

bfoos MDL Guide Dog

Jun 15, 2008
    They are green you color blind person you! :p

12. rayleigh_otter

rayleigh_otter MDL Expert

Aug 8, 2018
    BLOO :D Our left to right, bloo red amber.