show date and time in taskbar systray

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by dhkajhsdkjb876, Oct 11, 2008.

1. dhkajhsdkjb876

dhkajhsdkjb876 MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2008
    #1 dhkajhsdkjb876, Oct 11, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  2. cartoon_hero

cartoon_hero MDL Junior Member

Oct 8, 2008
    if you want to show the date and time in systray, why don't u just simply resize ur taskbar a bit, and u'll be able to see the date right under the time ....

3. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Resize

Cartoon is right. No matter where you put the quick launch taskbar, you can resize it to show mm/dd/yyyy, day of the week, and time.

Right click on the taskbar and uncheck <Lock the Taskbar> if it is checked. Then hold the left click and drag the taskbar to whatever edge you want it. Then move your cursor to the edge of the taskbar until the double arrow appears. Hold a left click and move the edge of the taskbar in or out until it is the size you want and you see the full date, day, and time.

Experiment around, of course. I put mine on the right edge of the screen because it stacks open progs one on top of each other and it is easier for me to quickly ID the tab I want.

Since the taskbar will be fairly wide, right click on the taskbar and select <Properties>. Then check the <Auto-hide the Taskbar> option. The taskbar will dissolve into the edge once you move the cursor off of it. To make it reappear, just move your cursor into the edge.

I provided this by-the-numbers post because some folks are new to tweaking progs and I do not want to assume that everyone knows some of the basic moves. And yes, some folks are shy and do not want to ask for further details.

Monk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...