Shrink Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Philippb, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Philippb

Philippb MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2009
    #1 Philippb, Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
    Shrink Windows 7 / Windows Act*vator LE 8.1 still working?

Hey!

I'm using a SSD ( ocz vertex ) which means that my HDD Space is pretty much limited. Are there ways to shrink w7 ?
    My XP.iso currently has 220mb.

Just asking because Server 2008 impounds about 50 gig on my homeserver :rolleyes:

I also wanted to ask if Windows act*vator LE v8.1 by axon_t is still working.

2. Signmeup

Signmeup MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2009
    Yes, there must be ways to shrink Windows 7. Some one going by the name of eXPerience has already done it. It's called "Tiny 7" and is about 700mb in size. Search for it on your favorite sharing site. If you find it, use it at your own risk. I put it on an old computer and it seems fine to me.

3. docdocdoc9

docdocdoc9 MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2008
    Yes, DSIM and vlite.

But DSIM is limited, and vlite is designed for vista, not 7. You have to be careful and not too greedy about what you want to remove or you will break features. The vlite forum on msfn has a lot of guides and other stuff to get you started.

4. btf-tribal

btf-tribal MDL Junior Member

Jul 9, 2009
    everytime i remove something out of win 7 with vlite i get the same error message:

any solution?

5. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    don't use vlite it doesn't work with Windows 7. Everything as far as disabling features has to be done using DISM.

6. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    :dots:

the only thing that doesn't work with vlite is "unattended" and it will work if you use a valid key.

it is perfectly okay to use vlite. i have made dozens of slimmed 7 images using it and never had one fail to install or work properly...