Sick and tired of YouTube errors

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ian82, Mar 16, 2012.

1. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 with the latest updates, Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.63, Firefox 11

Randomly, I would keep getting errors while watching videos on YouTube that an error has occured and I'd have to refresh the page to play it correctly, this happens randomly

I have read that many people are facing this issue lately

Is this a Firefox bug? a Flash Player bug? or something else?

Heck if it is a Firefox bug then Id either downgrade to Firefox v3 or ditch Firefox and install IE and have to deal with the crappy ads everywhere

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    For a long while, every time I installed a new version of Firefox I had to either lose some Add ons I liked, find alternatives of which there were zero to few or live without them until the extension developers caught up. I finally just got fed up with that and went back to version 3.

I'm currently running 3.6.28 and everything, including all YouTube videos runs just fine. I have no plans to move to a "better" version any time soon. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Those who like versions 4 and beyond are welcomed to them.

3. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    no problem playing vids on Google chrome, that is my main browser. I have Firefox as well, but rarely use it extensively.

4. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    Just tried Firefox 3 and Google Chrome and both had the same error!

I ended up restoring my laptop to an image I created before installing any browser then installed IE 9 and now the problem is gone

I hate IE to death but i want everything work perfectly so might as well stick to it

screw Firefox and their daily stupid updates that offer the end user nothing but bugs and addons incompatibility and something as simple as youTube doesn't work!

Heh

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012