Sidebyside (c++ ?) errors in event log

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by originalone, Nov 13, 2009.

1. originalone

originalone MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2009
    I got a new PC running Windows 7, and it crashes 2-3 times per day, usually within a two hour period every 24 hours. Haven't figured out the problem yet, but I do show a handful of errors in event viewer connected to "SideBySide" with the following message:

"Activation context generation failed for "c:\Windows\Installer\{67E03279-F703-408F-B4BF-46B5FC8D70CD}\WksWP.exe". Dependent Assembly msadctls,processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32",version="1.0.1801.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis."

Do you know anything about this? I read about a similar problem in with Vista but I couldn't find a download of the correct C++ runtime files for Windows 7. I downloaded and ran the older ones but the crashing problem and error messages have not gone away.

I found that no matter what I did I kept getting several errors in the administrative section of the event viewer from the SideBySide installer

Example>>
    Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.mfc_1fc8b3b9 a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.163_none_0c187ef99ee1d25a\MFC80 U.DLL". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC,processorArchitecture="x86", publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",ver sion="8.0.50608.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Event ID 33

Welll It seems that a lot of other folk are having this problem so here is what I found on the google groups.. It is a case of missing Microsoft C++ Runtime files and this can apply for several event IDs evidentally.

You may DL the redistributable installer for these runtime binaries from the following link>>

All SideBySide errors have been gone for for almost 2 days as of the time of this post.. Bon Voyagé to all of you having this problem and may this fix it....

Uza

2. gentoo

gentoo MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2009