signature size - new limits

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by cck, Apr 16, 2010.

1. cck

cck MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2010
    i wanted to upload a signature picture, but then i noticed the rule:

"Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 2.0 KB (whichever is smaller)."

a tiny :) 20 by 20 pixel is about 0.7 kb, merely 1/125 of allowed area yet already like 1/3 of allowed kb.

the allowed area and kb seem to be out of proportion. are they really so, or "2.0 KB" being a typo?

please clarify, thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    You're right.
    New limits are now: 750x75 pixels, 50 KB maximum size.

I recommend to create the signature image and phrases that it looks nice and not too bold compared to the posts you make. And please follow the MDL rules when creating the image.

I have reduced the height to 75. Members want to read posts and not to scroll down a lot.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kido

Kido MDL Junior Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Yeah! Nice... Better I change my signature to something cutey PIE :p

4. MaraVoss34

MaraVoss34 MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2012
    yeah. I think it is much better also.

5. bk-ks

bk-ks MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2012
    Can i add a signature (without hyperlink) that mentions my software ? I have just created one now. Is it allowed ?

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    You can leave it as it is. But please no hyperlink as it would be clearly advertising then.

7. bk-ks

bk-ks MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2012
    Yen, i tried to PM you and couldn't and it says you have exceeded stored private message quota.