sim copier

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by akhilmg, Dec 6, 2013.

1. akhilmg

akhilmg MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2013
    hai guys, can you suggest a software to copy the content of a sim using my netsetter?

2. Ninefifty

Ninefifty MDL Novice

May 23, 2013
    Don't know what Netsetter is but if a sim copier is what you want I do recommend SIM Master 2.
    I got this from Maplins last year.
    Backs up all my contacts.

3. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Is there any reason other than criminal theft of service or worse, to ask how to duplicate a sim card?

I sure can't think of any legitimate reasons.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Sorry, but sounds a little fishy to me. Not sure what kind of "content" would be stored on a sim card for a modem device. If I was reading it wrong, then never mind.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. duh

duh MDL Member

Jan 20, 2009
    yes there is one. i have LG G2 and its mini-sim module and not a full sim module
    and all my other phones are full blown sim. so i was left with no other choice but
    to clone the SIM. because i didnt wish to cut the sim and make it look like a midget
    sim just to impress google/lg and their dog tale a tale copy of apple's footsteps.

and its hard to clone new SIM but old SIM cards are much easier to copy. the
    encryption is much more strong and resistent to tampering using ordinary method.
    but using spcialized memory mapping and a buspirate you can clone a sim card.

google : ( smart card + buspirate + spi (cloneing is optional) ) for more info.

thanks!
    -paul

6. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    We use a SIM cloning techniques at work due to people cutting there cards wrong; plus some people don't like to use adapters because they can get caught on and snap contact pins, leaving devices needing a new SIM reader surface mounted onto their logic boards.

Regardless of the OP asking a 'fishy' questions is not up to you to judge and throw accusations seems it could be for a legitimate purpose and we here at MDL don't throw about accusations and answer peoples questions fairly.

Just my very off input.