Simple question- Please help :)

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by pjhayton, Oct 28, 2011.

1. pjhayton

pjhayton MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2011
    Hey guys, I was referred to someone from a gaming forum to come here and ask for/find help and I was looking through some of the posts but I don't understand a lot of the acronyms/terminology. (You can call me a leech or whatever, but I just need a quick answer as I'm sure a lot of you guy are capable of answering this question)Please help if you can!

I downloaded Windows XP onto my Macbook Pro using Bootcamp last month and it gave me the option to "Activate using a Serial Code" right then, or wait to do it within a 30 day period. I chose the latter because I could not find the Activation Code. So I now have 4 days left to activate it, and I don't have the code. I originally had the code because I had previously removed Windows XP from my Macbook Pro and activated it with the code, then reinstalled it but have since lost the code.

Anyways, I have Windows XP SP2 and I need an activation code for it, or at least some bypass to let me go past the 30 day activation period. Does anybody have a solution to this? I've already tried using universal activation codes or what not from YouTube/other sites but those have proven to be unreliable after entering them.

Thanks so much.

,P.J.

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Intel processor??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pjhayton

pjhayton MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2011
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.26 Ghz
    8 GB DDR3 Ram (If that matters)

Thanks.

4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    May be able to activate with the OEMBIOS changer and the Genuine oembios set. The serial would be the generic M$ serial and entered automatically.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pjhayton

pjhayton MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2011
    How hard is this to do? And could you explain it to me if so?

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  7. pjhayton

pjhayton MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2011
    I downloaded the first compressed one. Is there a certain place that I should extract to? And the third link you listed does not work. And I'm assuming the manual is a tutorial on how to use it all?

Sorry for the novice questions...

8. pjhayton

pjhayton MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2011
    I don't even know how to do the five steps in the manual...I feel like such an idiot; I can usually do and understand this stuff.

9. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  10. pjhayton

pjhayton MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2011
    Still didn't work for some reason.

11. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  12. pjhayton

pjhayton MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2011
    This one worked. Thanks.

I am unsure on how to do the five steps in the manual though...

They are:

1. Find the CRC values of the oembios files needed. They are linked to the SLP in bios and can be downloaded.
    2. Put the oembios files in the proper folder. Only one folder used at a time!!
    Compressed OEMBIOS files are in the following format : OEMBIOS.BI_
    These should be put in the ‘Compressed Oembios Folder’
    Uncompressed oembios files are in this format : oemios.bin
    These should be placed in the ‘Uncompressed Oembios Folder’
    3. Run the OEM.CMD executable file.
    4. Choose appropriately at the prompts. If you have compressed files to be decompressed, choose appropriately.
    5. Allow the tool to work, then restart ~ enjoy!!!

Could you help me? Or just do it remotely for me? Sorry and thank you!!

13. pjhayton

pjhayton MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2011
    I ran the "antiwpa3" file under "Activation check and Serial tools" in the "OEMBIOS Changer" file. And now it says that Windows is activated, but it gives me a notice warning me that this version may be invalid or counterfeit or something. I didn't do any of the steps, I just ran the patcher so I'm not sure that I did it right...

14. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    The patcher is just a hack to get back to windows to run the tool..the original purpose anyway. Uninstall it after running the too, as you may not have a grace period any more..All you to is put the oembios in the correct folder and run the batch..simple as it gets..