SiS Mirage 3 Graphics

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by fLOW., Jun 1, 2012.

1. fLOW.

fLOW. MDL Senior Member

Jul 28, 2009
    hi there, i've installed Release Preview yesterday and also my graphics driver (SIS 672) but since i've installed it my screens is always blinking, not even can go to start screen

has anyone able to install this driver on RP? i just cant, i've installed couple of them tho
    now i need to stick with Microsoft basic driver adapter but it aint do the right resolution of the screen, only 1280x768...

any help?

2. Konde

Konde MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Wait for SiS to update their drivers... that could not happen tought, get a graphic card.

3. Boyfriend

Boyfriend MDL Senior Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Check for updates from Microsoft Update or stick with built-in driver. SiS Mirage drivers are unstable even under Windows 7, how you managed to get those installed in Windows 8? Compatibility mode?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. fLOW.

fLOW. MDL Senior Member

Jul 28, 2009
    that wont happen, i guess :/

they have worked in previous versions of windows 8 and it still work (desktop only, charm & start screen = blinking) and its not even necessary to use compatibility mode (already did it tho) but since i cant use metro it sucks to have windows like this