Skip/bypass metro ui - add in start menu

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by JRAM, Oct 9, 2012.

1. JRAM

JRAM MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2012
    RetroUI from Thinix is a good tool to do this. It is pretty low cost (like $5) and doesn't have any spyware or junk that the free ones have. Anyone else have a chance to check this out yet?

2. TheMarine

TheMarine MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2009
    I can second that, have been using Classic Shell since day one, with nary a problem.

Ray

Semper fi

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    And what's the deal if you could get a better solution for FREE?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    After reading this, i had to decide whether it´s a joke, trolling or misled advertisement. Personally think last one might be most obvious. Would definitly not refuse a clearance to this.
    Kindest Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. lunar21

lunar21 MDL Addicted

Dec 14, 2008
  6. Raph4

Raph4 MDL Junior Member

Jun 20, 2007
    easy way for free

Tool bar / add new tool bar...

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

or
    C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

start.jpg

:biggrin:

7. luke

luke MDL Senior Member

Jun 22, 2007
    $5 what a rip i paid $5 for start8

8. lunar21

lunar21 MDL Addicted

Dec 14, 2008
    Well this is a good point, but if you are going to be replacing the explorer from 7 into 8, then most likely you dont want to use any Metro programs LOL. As for a possible silent update that might need explorer from 8, if it needs it and it cant find it then it will give an error. Just go back to explorer 8, do the update. Once it is done installed and finished, just go back to explorer 7 :D

9. Akko

Akko MDL Junior Member

Aug 21, 2009
    It is not about Metro apps (there are also good ones by the way) it is about OS internals like system messages et cetera that are cut off by the explorer7 patch.

Well ... I for myself would not rely on all updates to crash so gracefully as you described/hoped here. :)

10. supisiche

supisiche MDL Junior Member

Aug 31, 2010
    I though Aero Peek was removed in Windows 8 but I just found it in taskbar properties. LOL

11. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Using Classic Shell, the only reason W8 is usable to me.