Skype For Windows 8 Private Build Download

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by EricMarsi, Aug 27, 2012.

1. EricMarsi

EricMarsi MDL Novice

Jun 22, 2012
    #1 EricMarsi, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2015

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. EricMarsi

EricMarsi MDL Novice

Jun 22, 2012
    #3 EricMarsi, Aug 28, 2012
    (OP)

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    To allow Popups from unspecific sites are very unsecure and lead in many cases to spamming! MediaFire is in my list for allowed Popups and still the download link didn't work! That said it looks like that, if the problem is related to Popups, that popup is directly connected to the download/file/apps which is suspicious in many means.

In such cases I would warn others for to download!

5. EricMarsi

EricMarsi MDL Novice

Jun 22, 2012
    #5 EricMarsi, Aug 28, 2012
    (OP)

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Sorry, I like to stay secure! And I like to keep my contact's, my money, my personal infos in Skype for my own and didn't like to share with anybody, known or unknown! And I'm very carefully while using nightly build from private unknown sources.

7. KrlzGmz

KrlzGmz MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2012
    #7 KrlzGmz, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    Bro, you need to chill. Download works fine, mediafire works fine. If you would be kind enough, and if the uploader still gives a f*ck, ask him to reupload to another file-host of your preference.
    I'm using Chrome 21 with adblock and the download went really smooth. I even tested using IE10 from Windows 8 RTM, downloaded perfectly fine.
    I suggest you stop using whatever obscure browser you're using. (doubt Chrome, FF, Opera or even IE would give so much troubles to download a file)
    On the skype side, yes, it's a nightly private build and only God knows where he got it, so I would suggest discretion using the app.

8. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
  9. TacoChuck

TacoChuck MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2011
    No issues with d/l using Waterfox!

10. gamer765

gamer765 MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2009
    The government has all your private info, they know how much money you've got, and if you've got Facebook, everyone knows who your contacts are. By going online, you are sharing your "private" info with unknown people, whether you want to or not. Your ISP must certainly know everything you do online. Want to stay secure? Get rid of your computer, your phone, internet, house, and go live in the middle of nowhere.

11. Enigma256

Enigma256 MDL Senior Member

Jan 17, 2011
    LOL, those smilies in the screen shot look like blackfaces (look it up on Wikipedia). *gets out the popcorn and waits to watch the backlash*

12. [Cutimat1mi]

[Cutimat1mi] MDL Novice

Feb 3, 2010
    This is beta build leaked,demo screenshot does not match

13. night.fox

night.fox MDL Member

Sep 21, 2009
  14. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    Nope, I just confirmed working link, that's all. I hate win8, don't even have it installed and I use skype 3.2.x :p

15. luakhan

luakhan MDL Junior Member

Nov 14, 2011
    i can't install it :(

16. night.fox

night.fox MDL Member

Sep 21, 2009
    you have to sign in your microsoft email account. hotmail, MSN

17. TacoChuck

TacoChuck MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2011
    Had to search for and open power shell to get the option to run with, but it installed fine here!

18. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I use Chrome 21 as well so your suggestion is out of line!

I blocked Popups in Chrome, except those of my White List and MediaFire is in that Whitelist because I use it a lot. As Chrome didn't gives a Virus or infection warning. there's only 3. party Popups left! Using quite high security in my office, with an damn clean system the last 6 year without any infection, I wouldn't compromise that.
    As my Companies Business is outsourced Network Services with high Network Security, I wouldn't accept any compromise which may results in an bad outcome. And in those business for a bit more than 20 years, don't think I don't know what I've to do and what didn't!

19. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    DMZ connected computer

I'm planning for to install an computer on the DMZ for to be able also to check Apps which I couldn't otherwise on my systems.
    A few days ago I changed my Internet connection to Cable connection with 20/2Mbps (new in Thailand and just open at my location) and need to get known the Modem and Router first before I do any major changes. I may also install an "Hardware" Firewall, using an old computer running Smoothwall between WAN and LAN. That will gives me the power for to follow Gov Regulation for to keep detailed Log Files form any in- and outgoing traffic/connection on the internet for at minimum 3 month.
    Till now I use an Netscreen 25 Hardware Firewall but have a complaint about incomplete Log Files from the Gov.

If that installation is done, I could easy test some software like this Skype Version without to be worry about my security.