Sleep/hibernate problem caused by Daz loader?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rufusmcd, Jan 2, 2010.

1. rufusmcd

rufusmcd MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2010
    Hi - firstly apologies if I come across completely clueless as I have little idea of how the various activators work!

I'm using Daz's Windows 7 Loader (1.77 repacked) for Windows 7 Ultimate RTM 7600 and it works just fine. Because my PC (Rock Xtreme CTX Pro laptop) is not listed in the SLIC/certificate/serial section I simply left it on the default options (Acer) and installed for that. I've never had a problem with activation - it works just fine!

The problem I have is with sleep or hibernate. I can sleep/hibernate fine *once*. When I get it to sleep/hibernate a second time, all appears to be up and running except the display is blank - nothing will activate it and I have to reboot. Most the time (but not always) I get a couple of warnings in the Windows error logs - one for each core. It's eventid 37. This is the only possible error/warning I see.

"The speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 0 seconds since the last report."

Could the sleep problem be being caused by some sort of ACPI corruption caused by the loader? Could it be related to me not installing the SLIC info for the correct BIOS? (It's a Phoenix Trustedcore NB as used on the Xtreme CTX PRO, Clevo M570U and several other brands). I've updated all drivers (chipset, BIOS, graphics card etc.) and nothing fixes it. Problem occurs in safe mode and Clean Boot, and with many different versions of the graphics card driver (Geforce GO 7950GTX) which I know have been fine in the past when I ran Vista.

System was previously running legit Vista and I had no problems with it. Power management settings are all sensible. I'm really inclined to think it's a Win 7 issue but just posting in case there's any possibility the loader could be at fault.

2. oneextraid

oneextraid MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I would suspect a W7 driver issue. Search for updated drivers for motherboard. That controls how all Power Mgmt is handled.

3. Busykid508

Busykid508 MDL Guru

Jun 4, 2009
    Why are you messing with a loader when you could have your bios modified with the correct slic and then have windows activate without the loader?

Loaders are exactly what you get which is trouble down the road for the end user....

Sorry but it sounds as if you may need to reinstall windows 7....however, have one of the mods make you a real and true bios mod.

4. footgay

footgay MDL Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #4 footgay, Jan 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
    While I think BIOS mods are the best way for the activation. It is kinda safer to use soft-mod loaders for laptops, since most laptops don't provide easy fail-safe methods in case a problem arise by user error. Most loaders work fine and don't need much knowledge of users, and it's the quickest way for newbies also. BIOS mod can corrupt a BIOS too, due to bad mod/method. That's why andyp kept updating his auto tools.

To topic starter, try reinstalling the loader again. Daz's loader should replace the old GRLDR and generate a new one. You should post a reply on Daz's topic also.

5. rufusmcd

rufusmcd MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2010
    Will try reinstalling - I'm pretty sure I've tried this already but.. Thanks!

6. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Actually Busykid508 that is a bit extreme, its a BIOS mod that can cause so much trouble on a laptop. It's a risky thing to do and if it goes wrong it's not such a simple fix compared to a PC or loader on either. Another thing is a loader can be uninstalled just like any other program meaning no format is required at all as your machines put back to its exact previous state.

@ rufusmcd
    Uninstall the loader and restart, once you have done that then simply test if you get the sleep/hibernate issues still. If you do then it's something unrelated to the loader, if you don't then I would suggest you try the loader in the older, alternative or forceful modes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    the bios mod on my laptop worked :D

its not extreme if you look around the net you would see and maybe learn that there are failsafes built into it just like a desktop but who knows....

8. rufusmcd

rufusmcd MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2010
    Reinstalled - still got the problem :(

What's strange about this is the fact that resume sleep/hibernate works once, then fails subsequent times. However I recall when I first saw the problem after a clean Win 7 install, it happened the first time and every time. The first thing I tried was to increase the pagefile size to > physical RAM and after that (even when I restored the pagefile back to being managed by the system) it behaves as it does now.

I don't want anyone to scratch their heads wondering what the problem is - but I was just wondering if it's possible it was caused by the loader. It sounds like that could be a 'maybe' but gonna be difficult to prove. Maybe I should try a clean install and see whether it occurs before the loader is installed...

9. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    @ PAYMYRENT
    If a laptops got a fail safe then fair enough, but most laptops out there don't and then when it comes to it do most users know how to then restore?

@ rufusmcd
    As I said just after your last reply, you can uninstall and restart and then the loader is gone. Your system will be exactly the same as it was before you ever installed the loader.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. footgay

footgay MDL Member

Jun 28, 2009
    There are, just as not as easy on PC. Because the possibility to brick a BIOS with official ROMs is next to none on laptops due to Batteries.

11. rufusmcd

rufusmcd MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2010
    Forgot to mention - I tested with the uninstalled loader - problem still exists - so I guess that removes the blame from the loader!
    Many thanks for your help and the wonderful loader.

12. cdr_80_premium

cdr_80_premium MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2010
    Sorry to necro an old thread, but I wanted to add something here for the record.

I used Daz Loader on many machines and it always goes smooth. The only time it didn't, I could use it later when Daz released an updated. Great stuff.

Today I was trying to get Win7 to sleep/hibernate on my laptop and I was getting the blank screen after waking up. I formatted and installed Win7 again, it was going fine. As soon as I put Daz Loader, it stopped coming back from sleep, requiring a power off and reboot from scratch.

What I did is check the "Use legacy mode as default" on Advanced options. So far it's OK. I'll keep testing and if any issues appear I'll report.

13. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    just curious... you're not using ati video are you? I've seen/experience issues with some of their earlier "cards" under 7 (ones that barely support aero that is)

14. dosman

dosman MDL Novice

Feb 24, 2011
    First off, apologies if this sleep/hibernate issue has been rectified and the solution posted somewhere within MDL many hundreds of pages. I have had the resume-from-sleep freeze problem ever since building a new box about 3 weeks ago.

Secondly, thanks to many of the experts here who offer opinions and advice on the widest array of issues one could imagine. MDL truly is the place to go to seek help and that's why I registered.

I searched hundreds of sites and pages and found nothing that has worked to fix the resume/freeze issue. The new box had no problem with hybrid sleep or hibernate, just straight sleep. It was a freeze every time whether commanded sleep or from timeout. I had read somewhere that increasing the size of the pagefile would fix this problem. With a pagefile of nearly the same size as RAM (8Gb), this didn't seem to make sense since I have the PC enter sleep with no apps running ... just services and the few startup items that are "normal". Why would the pagefile have an impact if sleep (suspend) supposedly stores the system's state only in RAM?

Out of bios, device, power options tweaks and everything else I could try, I changed the pagefile size from that 8Gb system allocation to 11.15Gb minimum and 11.2Gb maximum. Mandatory reboot and no resume-from-sleep freezes since. It is an exasperating and widespread problem that seems to affect laptops and desktops alike. If this helps just one person ... good.

Windows 7 x64 w/SP1 and all updates, Daz Loader v1.9.6

ASUS M4N75TD (bios version 1501)
    AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
    Seagate ST31000528AS (primary)
    WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 (secondary)
    twin LG SuperMulti optical drives
    GeForce N450GTS grahpics (driver version 8.17.12.5922; neither this nor the 1/11 driver version made any difference with the freeze problem)
    Acer H233H monitor
    ASUS PCE-N13 wireless adapter
    MS wireless keyboard 3000
    MS wireless mouse 5000
    8Gb DDR3
    GX 750W Cooler Master power supply

15. mcronde

mcronde MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2011
    mine too

i can confirm to this.

i also have a sleep problem in my laptop g460. im troubleshooting about the cause of this problem almost 3weeks now.
    some says its my wifi driver, somes says its my graphics card driver. but it isnt the cause, until check each programs one by one.

when i had my laptop freshly reformatted, i installed all the necessary drivers and i tried to put into sleep state, and positively it's waking up successfuly. but when i tried to activate my windows using windows7 loader v2.0.3 byDAZ and after a restart i tried putting it into sleep state and wake it up, IT DIDNT WAKE UP!!! :( and when i uninstall the loader by DAZ and restart and tried to put again into sleep state it did wake up!!

so my conclusion was, its the windows 7 loader by daz causes my laptop got problems when i put it into sleep state!!!

HOPE IT HELPs. I can confirm to this. because ive been troubleshooting my laptop's problem.

so i wanna help others if they are experiencing the same scenario. :)

16. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #16 Daz, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
    Disable type 4 memory when installing the loader or if that fails to work then use the legacy mode. Problem solved ;)

17. P.J

P.J MDL ☂

Jul 30, 2009
    iForgot to reply!? :eek: :punish:

:worthy::clap: