SLIC 2.1 Bios Modding?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Spirrwell, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Spirrwell

Spirrwell MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2011
    I'm sure that this has been asked to death around here, but I've been searching the Internet almost all day and haven't found any suitable solution. I've got a Dell XPS 600 which the latest bios is about 5\6 years old, and it's a Phoenix ROM bios.So far I've got two files, one HDR file, and one ROM file, which I was able to get from the bios installer for this computer. I've looked at guides and looked through the files with a hex editor up and down, and I can't find what they ask me to find.

Can anyone help me out by pointing me in the right direction? Or maybe it'd be simpler if someone did it for me to avoid a lot of explanation and such. Either way, I'd be grateful, if someone really does want to do it instead of explain things, you can go to the Dell website and download it, I'm new so I can't post a direct link to it. (It's a desktop Dell XPS 600)

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. Spirrwell

Spirrwell MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2011
    Thanks, and sorry I posted in the wrong area also. As I said I am new, and I probably shouldn't have posted this in the Windows 7 section either X_X. I feel even more like an idiot. Anyway, thank you.