SLIC 2.1 from ASUS laptop Win 10 HOME

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Onceset2, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Onceset2

Onceset2 MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2022
    Hello, new user here.

I wish to add SLIC 2.1 to a G752VM Asus laptop.
    I thought it was an issue with the phoenixtool version, so I tried the procedure with different versions of the tool, but it always fails.

Am I doing something wrong or is it impossible to add a SLIC 2.1 to this laptop.
    It originally shipped with Windows 10 Home.

In case any one is able to provide assistance, these are the characteristics of the laptop:

Manufacturer: ASUS
    Model: G752VM
    CPU: i7-6700HQ
    Chipset: Skylake
    Original OS: Windows 10 Home

I have tried every combination known to me, and the only one that sort of worked was by using the dynamic method (with or without RW tables, no difference), then I get the message: No complete SLIC table found. Continue?

I hit Yes, then it tells me that SLIC was successfully added, but when I open the modded file with the phoenixtool, I am not greeted with the usual SLIC 2.1 Marker message, so I do not dare flash because I am sure it will brick my system.

Do I have any options? Do I need to open the Advanced tab of the phoenixtool and change parameters there? I have no idea what to change there.

Thank you in advance for any help.

2. Onceset2

Onceset2 MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2022
    Hello,

It worked!

Is there a guide on the site on how to perform this mod?
    I would really like to learn.

Up until now I've been using Phoenixtool v2.56 from ages ago, but always flawlessly inserted SLIC tables on bioses I threw at it, until this G752 bios.

Like I mentioned in my first post, I thoguht the issue was that likely I was using a tool that probably wasn't recognizing a newer bios. I downloaded v2.66 and v2.73 but got the same result.

If there is a guide on how to go about this, I would really like to learn.
    I own a spi programmer, so in case something goes wrong I can recover the system.

Thank you again for the help so far.

3. Onceset2

Onceset2 MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2022
    One thing I forgot to mention is that when I use the module method I get this message: Insufficient space to manipulate modules.

When trying NVRAM or DMI it says: NVRAM not found (same for DMI).

For me it's more the hassle of taking apart the laptop to get to the bios with the programmer, that's why I am generally reluctant to flashing something I know won't work from the start (like opening the bios with phoenixtool and not getting the SLIC Marker popup), but worse case scenario I can recover the system.

Thank you.

4. Serg008

Serg008 MDL BIOS/EFI Guru

Feb 23, 2010
    and where is the results.arj file ?
    A manual mod must be made for this bios from a bios backup .

5. Onceset2

Onceset2 MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2022
    I guess it must be uploaded via external means. I just thought I didn't have access to this feature on the site because I am new, sorry. I will look into a hosting service.

Is this manual mod you mention, something not known to the public? Otherwise, like I mentioned I'd be really interested in attempting it myself (with a guide or link to it) to understand and for the future, should I require to have to perform this mod on other systems. By what I gather this is a type of mod that is individual for every system. That's why I am interested in learning (these types of intricacies fascinate me) unless the procedure is not publicly known, therefore I solemnly understand.

Thank you again for your response.