SLIC 2.1 Question

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by luke, Jan 29, 2010.

  1. luke

    luke MDL Senior Member

    Jun 22, 2007
    461
    35
    10
    I have an HP OEM key that was come with my laptop it was working with 32bit i went to 64bit and couldnt get the key to work so i use a key and a cert from here worked great but i wanted to use my OEM so i went back to 32bit because if my system ever died i wouldnt need to worry, but when i reinstalled 32bit it use the key and cert from here and not mine is there away i can go back to mine? o_O
     
  2. sam3971

    sam3971 MDL Guru

    Nov 14, 2008
    2,220
    303
    90
    You will probably have to reformat your hard drive then install the one you bought to get the certs from the paid version. I really do not know much about OEM editions but I would assume that reformatting would be the same as putting it on for the first time. Let me know if that works for you though bud.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. urie

    urie Moderator
    Staff Member

    May 21, 2007
    8,692
    3,044
    300
    #3 urie, Jan 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  4. sam3971

    sam3971 MDL Guru

    Nov 14, 2008
    2,220
    303
    90
    Give him a break dude. His last post was hijacked. Why don't you just remove his old post and use this one?
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. luke

    luke MDL Senior Member

    Jun 22, 2007
    461
    35
    10
    i tried the SLIC DUMP ToolKit my key would not activate
     
  6. NoJuan999

    NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

    Jul 31, 2009
    9,919
    1,930
    300
    #6 NoJuan999, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
    In your other thread you say you have the Recovery Partition and Recovery DVD.
    So, why not use them ???
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. timesurfer

    timesurfer MDL Developer

    Nov 22, 2009
    8,527
    4,065
    270
    Did you see the slic 2.1
    Can you give a snapshot of slic dump tool kit

    And here's my response to the highjacked previous thread. I dunno thats just what someone else said. lol

    I'm just curious to the experts here? If he has the slic 2.1 and even though it was regarding his x86 then when he got his x64 cound't he just use opa tool to install cert and key or does the slic have an individual signature as to what version?
    He said it was home both x86 and x64. Shouldn't the OEM key's work parallel for home?
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. NoJuan999

    NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

    Jul 31, 2009
    9,919
    1,930
    300
    @ timesurfer,
    He solved the problem by calling and getting support.

    I don't think he actually had SLIC 2.1 or if he did he didn't have the correct Certificate installed to match the SLIC in Bios.
    He would need to install the correct Certificate when he re-installed the OS (x86 or x64, it wouldn't matter).
    If he did he could install any version of Win 7 and use the appropriate OEM SLP Key to Activ*te it.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. timesurfer

    timesurfer MDL Developer

    Nov 22, 2009
    8,527
    4,065
    270
    Ok, cool. I'm here to learn thanks
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. luke

    luke MDL Senior Member

    Jun 22, 2007
    461
    35
    10
    I had SLIC 2.1 because i used a key and cert from here and it worked fine but some how maybe on apart of the harddrive my key and cert got replaced with the one i got from here when i used it, because when running the HP recovery setup after it had finished this is a fresh restore it didnt have my key or cert it had the one i used from here, maybe some thing got replaced???
     
  11. NoJuan999

    NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

    Jul 31, 2009
    9,919
    1,930
    300
    OK,
    Thanks for the clarification luke.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. urie

    urie Moderator
    Staff Member

    May 21, 2007
    8,692
    3,044
    300
    #12 urie, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
    Don't you mean give us a break if luke had done of him what was asked straight away I,E, download slic diump toolkit and had given report his problem would have been sorten in no time. Instead of dragging on this long. Just saying i tried the SLIC DUMP ToolKit my key would not activate means absolutley nothing without knowing what info was given.
    Any way glad he has got it sorted out now.