SLIC OA 3.0 and Windows 7 OEM???

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by wuhoatu, Feb 17, 2014.

1. wuhoatu

wuhoatu MDL Member

Apr 24, 2009
    My sister's Vaio SVF1421 laptop come with Windows 8 Single Language. But she would like to install 7 OEM. However, I found that BIOS of the laptop has only SLIC OA 3.0 and it is not supported to activate 7 OEM.
    - The question is BIOS of the laptop really has only SLIC OA 3.0 or it also have hidden SLIC 2.1?
    - If it has hidden SLIC 2.1 then how to unlock the SLIC table?

2. brut7

brut7 MDL Member

Jun 9, 2007
    I've run into that. My solution was to use windows 7 enterprise VL and then Microsoft toolkit for KMS activation. Not as elegant as SLIC activation but it gets the job done.

3. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    There is no "SLIC OA 3.0". You'll either have a SLIC at version 2.1 or 2.2 or you won't have a SLIC at all and you'll have an MSDM instead.

You can check if you've got a SLIC with SLIC Toolkit or by looking at Windows Loader's details line. If you do have a SLIC then you should just need to install the certificate and key (the loader can do this for you).

No doubt the systems running as UEFI, so you could try running WindSLIC UEFI or you could just install Windows 7 Pro or Enterprise and activate it with MS Toolkit.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. wuhoatu

wuhoatu MDL Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Yeah. The laptop start with UEFI. OEM-Query found #8 SLIC OA - 3.0 and I think that it is stored on OEM Partition.
    WindSLIC is best choice. However, I wonder we can copy the OEM Partition (if it contain SLIC OA 3.0) to HDD of Non-OS System in order to make it as OEM system?

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009