Slimdown10 – turn Windows 10 22H2 or LTSC 2021 into classic/legacy Windows

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Deleted member 190847, Feb 15, 2023.

1. My script was designed for retail (Home, Pro, etc) 22H2 versions and is properly tested only with these versions. It may work with other versions too, but I cannot guarantee the quality of it.
    2. If someone needs Bulgarian and English, he should download these 2 languages separately (2 separate ISOs) and create separate single-language versions.

1. KMPLAYER

KMPLAYER MDL Junior Member

Jan 12, 2014
    I'm not talking about whether something works or not, but about the ability to choose a preferred language. Maybe I should write it again - language choice. In any case, according to unknown criteria, only English is accepted - without any other possibility to change/choose the language. It doesn't matter if the other language is Swedish, Chinese, Tamil or whatever. Only the English language is still accepted.

Another question is whether during the installation of Windows 10 itself it will again be only in English or whether the second (existing) language will also appear in the iso file.

2. I always personally tests 2 languages - English and Polish, both x32 and x64 versions.
    But it doesn't mean that only these 2 languages are supported. The script is multilanguage by design.
    Of course I am talking about original retail Win10 22H2 ISO images downloaded directly from Microsoft.

3. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    I hear you, its your script and english is the easier way to keep it to minimize errors etc

4. Starting from Vista, it is easy to support all languages. But I do not own multi-language ISO images at all, only single-language versions (ie. polish-only, english-only, etc).
    So I am testing only such single-language versions and those versions are provided on Microsoft web site, so anybody can easily download them.
    Just use any supported version and then report errors if they are.

Multi-language LTSC 2021 ISO is not supported. I have never stated that I support such version.

5. KMPLAYER

Jan 12, 2014
    I looked at this link a few hours ago and it has those Windows images available BUT... it provides Windows 10 images that are only available in one language.

And I discuss the cases when a second language is added to such an iso. I.e. in practice, this iso contains two languages and when installing Windows 10 - it is possible to choose whether to install in English or in the user's native language. But in such cases - this tool by definition selects and offers only the English language, without the option to select the second available language in the iso file. (I don't mean to choose both languages, I mean if the iso file has English and Polish languages for example, to be able to choose the output iso file to be in Polish language, because in my test the script always automatically intercepts only English language.) . And from what I have written so far, I understand that the script can only work with an iso file that contains only one language.

6. Yes, but it can be any language you want.

And these cases (these ISO images) are not supported currently by the script. Exactly the same situation is with Integrate7.
    Only single-language ISOs are serviced correctly.

7. KMPLAYER

Jan 12, 2014
    Can you provide a similar link but only on the LTSC 2021 ISO where I can choose my own language?

(Yes, I know you wrote that the script is optimized to work with 22H2 and you are not responsible for other releases.).

8. KMPLAYER

Jan 12, 2014
    As you are very familiar with your own script - I have an iso file containing two languages - English and my native language. With this script I made a new iso file and as I wrote before - this file is labeled as English.

My question is: With this new iso when installing Windows 10, will it show a choice of both languages - English or my native language and choose my native language to run the entire Windows 10 installation?! I'm curious what you think. Otherwise, I'll have to burn it to a flash drive, run it to verify this, but not lose the settings of my current Windows 7 install...

9. Single-language, single-SKU versions will be created. No choices during installation.
    You have to make choices during ISO creation (by providing your-language ISO and by choosing your-preferred SKU), not during installation.

10. KMPLAYER

Jan 12, 2014
  11. SKU is edition, like: Professional, Home, Education, Enterprise, Enterprise LTSC, etc.

12. schubidubi

schubidubi MDL Junior Member

Nov 9, 2022
    How can I delete a post? Is that possible?

13. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    No. Just edit it and write that it should be deleted and a Mod will delete it, eventually. Maybe.

14. toiletrolltube

toiletrolltube MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2020
    Forgive me, I haven't read recent posts pertaining to problems, if there are any. Just want to say, thank you for shutting up Windows 10. According to testing so far, there's not one out going connection. I messed up the first installation by disabling certain services through regedit. Back again, and all running fine. This is the way an O.S. should be.

Could you answer me one question though? Would it be wise to enable the administrator account and install SuRun? A limited account can be a pain, but, it gives peace of mind.

15. haber123

haber123 MDL Junior Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Just ran 1.24. Ran perfectly. What a great script. This is up there in my book of must have's. Thank you. Its what windows should have been.

Server 2022 could really use this. hint, hint...

16. zbigniew59

zbigniew59 MDL Senior Member

May 14, 2016
    #240 zbigniew59, Mar 13, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
    @wkeller -
    I don't know if you know this script minimizing telemetry - look - maybe something will be useful to you?

https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...lemetry-repository.63874/page-66#post-1686849

I've been using it for a long time and think it's great.
    I used it - additionally - even on the iso from your script - after a little adjustment - (some things are duplicated, and some things I don't need) - and the system works great!
    This is the script of a distinguished user of this forum.

Downloading iso from uup-dump - latest - w pl-PL - enterprise - ;)
    And disable update integration - in your script - 1

A good source I guess?