Slimdown10 – turn Windows 10 22H2 or LTSC 2021 into classic/legacy Windows

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Deleted member 190847, Feb 15, 2023.

my dear friend you can request moderator to remove the comment via clicking on report of your own comment u like to be removed with a concrete evidenced reason :

i mostly write "Out of Topic" as a reason & whenever i login again viola comment is removed.

1. I will always review additional info. But it will be more for purism than for real, additional effect.
    Telemetry is already effectively disabled, and I left only what should be left (ie. device drivers update, root certificates update, time sync, digital license activation).
    Some parts of the above (linked source) however are bad for me. Ie. I prefer my Toggle Windows Update script than disabling Windows Update forever.
    Windows Update could be useful, not just for updating Windows, but also for other Microsoft software (Office, SQL Server, etc).
    Toggle Windows Update does its job, so your OS will never be updated without your consent, but you can still temporary re-enable this function.

2. Muggaen

Muggaen MDL Addicted

Dec 30, 2011
    I have been running 22H2 slimmet last 3 days and its still not activated, and found out that I cant activate office 2021 pro plus retail key on this slimmet version. Guess its time to quit and go back to LTSC 2021 again.

3. SunLion

SunLion MDL Senior Member

May 11, 2011
    Strange, because here everything is activated. See attached images.

Attached Files:

4. schubidubi

schubidubi MDL Junior Member

Nov 9, 2022
    I have the same problems with my second created ISO, the system is running since one or two weeks, still not activated! Windows Update is toggled on, but it tells me all the time, Activation Server unreachable!

The first ISO I created, self-activated within minutes.

:dunno:

Edit: I create today a new one and test it again...

5. Mattitla

Mattitla MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2010
    I have now tested the newest version of this script.

Speed/feel of this Windows 10 reminds me of those first Insider versions of Win10(before Appx and other stuff). In my small test, every app I opened started immediately and this Windows was installed in VirtualBox.

I will probably test this with real hardware, just to feel the difference. I just have to decide which of these computers is good candidate for this.

6. SunLion

SunLion MDL Senior Member

May 11, 2011
    I used 19045.2364.221202-0057.22H2_RELEASE_SVC_PROD1_CLIENTPRO_OEMRET_X64FRE_PT-BR.ISO as source
    renamed to Windows10_x64_19045.2486_PRO_VOL_EN-US.ISO so that the script recognizes it
    and activation with MAS.

Script tweaks:
    - set DisableSearchIndexing=1
    - set DisableSearchService=1
    - set SplitInstallWim=0
    - disabled (commented) "Disable MSHTA and WebView" (for Windows Post Install to run)
    Only that!

attachment used script

Attached Files:

7. Sirmoya

Sirmoya MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2023
    Hi, would older games that run smoothly on Windows 7 be able to run just as smoothly in Slimdown10? For example, Command and Conquer Generals, Zero Hour, Civilization 5

8. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    @Sirmoya that depends on your hardware before anything else. Then come graphics APIs and general optimizations. Then you can think about whether a handful of extra services are causing your gaming performance to tank.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Alexa120

Alexa120 MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2020
    wkeller
    The optimization script is not bad, but if after entering the Sysper mode, it gives an error when exiting or rebooting. I tried different options from myself, but to no avail. Can you tell me which command or registry key in your script creates this error in order to solve it. Thank you.

Attached Files:

10. zbigniew59

zbigniew59 MDL Senior Member

May 14, 2016
    #251 zbigniew59, Mar 17, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
    I have 2 big and 1 small problem after using this script.
    Recommended settings.
    1. I can't connect via - ethernet - via cable.
    The latest drivers are installed - they work perfectly on other systems - you don't need to do anything.
    Here they show connection - but no internet access.
    After wi-fi it works - but it doesn't interest me - after the cable I have 2x faster speed.
    2. Bluetooth - does not work - it seems to show that everything works - but it does not search for devices - and displays an error.
    3. Small - but a bit cosmetic - you can't set the avatar from the system level.

I was full of hope that this would be my main system - because otherwise you work great and it's very fast.
    But if I want to download more large files - I have to switch to another system - where I don't have these problems.
    Same if I want to watch a movie - with my bluetooth headphones - I have to switch to another system.
    So for now this system has 2 major flaws that disqualify it.

11. KMPLAYER

KMPLAYER MDL Junior Member

Jan 12, 2014
    The changes look good.

But those of us who already have Windows 10 installed (I'm using it for the second day thanks to your script - version 1.24), how to add these innovations from the script (with all the listed points you wrote) to a currently installed Windows 10 without a new installation of Windows 10 is required (without the need to create a new iso file using the iso file script, then save the flash drive, install Windows 10, then install the necessary programs, drivers, specific settings?!)

My question is with Windows 10 installed how do we take advantage of the innovations at the points you wrote to get these innovations into our current installation?

12. zbigniew59

zbigniew59 MDL Senior Member

May 14, 2016
    In the new version, I can't install the nvidia driver from the exe file.
    The file is unpacked and the installer does not open.
    Bluetooth still doesn't work.

13. #255 Deleted member 190847, Mar 18, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2023
    (OP)
    1. Install March 2023 cumulative update (KB5023696) either manually or via Windows Update.

2. Copy Slimdown10\hotfixes\WindowsUpdate\Toggle_WindowsUpdate.cmd to your C:\Windows folder and replace the old version.

3. If your Windows Update is currently enabled, run Toggle Windows Update to disable it.
    If your Windows Update is currently disabled, run Toggle Windows Update twice to re-disable it correctly.

4. Import registry settings, by running these commands either manually or create a shell script (eg. tweaks.cmd)

Code:
    REM ==== Disable pre-release features or settings ====
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\PreviewBuilds" /v "EnableConfigFlighting" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\PreviewBuilds" /v "EnableExperimentation" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

REM ==== Disable Windows Error Reporting logs ====
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting" /v "LoggingDisabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

REM ==== Disable IE11 proxy autodetection ====
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Connections" /v "DefaultConnectionSettings" /t REG_BINARY /d "3c0000000f0000000100000000000000090000003132372e302e302e3100000000010000000000000010d75bde6f11c50101000000c23f806f0000000000000000" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Connections" /v "SavedLegacySettings" /t REG_BINARY /d "3c000000040000000100000000000000090000003132372e302e302e3100000000010000000000000010d75bde6f11c50101000000c23f806f0000000000000000" /f

REM ==== Explorer Tweaks
    reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "ClearRecentDocsOnExit" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "NoResolveTrack" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "NoResolveSearch" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

REM === Do not send KMS activation state to Microsoft ===
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Software Protection Platform" /v "NoGenTicket" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

REM === Additional OneDrive privacy setting ====
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\OneDrive" /v "PreventNetworkTrafficPreUserSignIn" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

REM === Disable Windows Defender SmartScreen far all IE11 security zones ===
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0" /v "2301" /t REG_DWORD /d "3" /f
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\1" /v "2301" /t REG_DWORD /d "3" /f
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\2" /v "2301" /t REG_DWORD /d "3" /f
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\3" /v "2301" /t REG_DWORD /d "3" /f
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\4" /v "2301" /t REG_DWORD /d "3" /f

REM === Disable autocorrection ====
    reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Input\Settings" /v "EnableHwkbTextPrediction" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Input\Settings" /v "EnableHwkbAutocorrection2" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Input\Settings" /v "InsightsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Input\Settings" /v "MultilingualEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Control Panel\International" /v "TurnOffAutocorrectMisspelledWords" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Control Panel\International" /v "TurnOffHighlightMisspelledWords" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Control Panel\International" /v "TurnOffInsertSpace" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Control Panel\International" /v "TurnOffOfferTextPredictions" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

REM ==== Disable Dr Watson ====
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug" /v "Auto" /t REG_SZ /d "0" /f
    if exist "%windir%\SysWOW64" reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug" /v "Auto" /t REG_SZ /d "0" /f

REM ==== Additional IE11 settings ====
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /v "Disable Script Debugger" /t REG_SZ /d "yes" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /v "Show image placeholders" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /v "Enable AutoImageResize" /t REG_SZ /d "no" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /v "NotifyDownloadComplete" /t REG_SZ /d "no" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download" /v "CheckExeSignatures" /t REG_SZ /d "no" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download" /v "RunInvalidSignatures" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_LOCALMACHINE_LOCKDOWN" /v "iexplore.exe" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_LOCALMACHINE_LOCKDOWN\Settings" /v "LOCALMACHINE_CD_UNLOCK" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v "EnableNegotiate" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v "EmailName" /t REG_SZ /d "anonymous@qjz9zk.org" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v "MigrateProxy" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v "ProxyEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v "PrivDiscUiShown" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v "WarnOnPost" /t REG_BINARY /d 00000000 /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v "WarnOnZoneCrossing" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

14. #256 Deleted member 190847, Mar 18, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2023
    (OP)
    Which file exactly ? Give me more details so I could reproduce.

Your Bluetooth issues are caused by this line inside Slimdown10.cmd file:
    Code:
    set "DisableServices=%DisableServices%,CDPSvc,CDPUserSvc,NcbService"

Solutions:

1. Remove above line from Slimdown10.cmd when building ISO.

2. Use Devices and Printers in Control Panel to pair new bluetooth devices instead of Settings UWP app.
    It will work regardless of CDPSvc, CDPUserSvc and NcbService services.

3. Run below commands to restore services startup settings and reboot your system:
    Code:
    reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDPSvc" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f
    reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDPUserSvc" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f
    reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NcbService" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "3" /f

15. It is not powershell script. I have not used powershell anywhere.
    Use classic Command Prompt (ie. cmd.exe) not powershell.

Code:
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\SystemRestore" /v "DisableSR" /f
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\SystemRestore" /v "DisableConfig" /f

16. KMPLAYER

KMPLAYER MDL Junior Member

Jan 12, 2014

I did it via Command prompt.

I'm still new and it's clear to me that I need to ask more to know exactly what and where to do.

When trying to manually download through Windows update it showed an error saying it couldn't connect - I didn't take a picture because it's in another language and you wouldn't understand. But for myself, I understand that even if I activate Windows update - nothing downloads and an error occurs, regardless of retry or more attempts.

Thanks.

Have you used the new version of Toggle Windows Update tool and is your Windows Update in enabled state ?
    Have you rebooted your system ?
    I have checked it on Win10 22H2 and Windows Update works correctly.