Slimdown10 – turn Windows 10 22H2 or LTSC 2021 into classic/legacy Windows

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Deleted member 190847, Feb 15, 2023.

1. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
    Put EI.CFG in sources folder.

EI.CFG
    Code:
    [Channel]
    _Default
    [VL]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. CaptainSpeleo

CaptainSpeleo MDL Addicted

May 24, 2020
    wkeller:
    I want to use my DVD+R DL disc created with Slimdown10-v1.10 to install Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Build 19045.2604 64-bit in a couple of my other PC's.
    Before I do, will you be making any significant changes to your script and releasing a new version?
    If you plan to, I can wait until then.

3. ricoutine

ricoutine MDL Novice

Jan 31, 2021
    Tank you man, tried, "Not enough space
    Thanks, it worked, I could start the installation. But.

But, wkeller, after running apparently normally at the end I got a nasty error message during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE operation

4. I don't know what ISO you use. But on original Win10 ISO from Microsoft is

win10_inst.gif

5. Yes, I plan some fixes.
    Rather not big ones, but some improvements should be done.

6. geese howard

geese howard MDL Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Activation cannot be done with HWID, only with KMS...

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    ?

8. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    As for provisioned apps, there are no reasons to keep your files, there are Dism commands to remove them supported by Microsoft and it's easy to reinstall them again if you need to.

About System Apps this is debatable, because when installing a cumulative update in the absence of the package in C:\Windows\SystemApps some of them are reinstalled (I haven't tested if they are active and I don't even know how to verify that). An example is ContentDeliveryManager. I used build 19045.2486 with Slimdown10 and updated via Windows Update in a VM and ContentDeliveryManager was copied back to C:\Windows\SystemApps folder and some others too that I don't remember. So it might be more interesting to keep the files in that folder and just remove the keys in the registry to avoid Windows provisioning them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. intruder16

intruder16 MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2014
    Oh I see what you mean. I should remove "uninstallable" apps the DISM way. Huh. I guess I missed that and I definitely agree. Updated code in my script quickly, should work but definitely need to test :

Code:
    set "RemoveUserUWPapps=3DBuilder,InputApp,549981C3F5F10,Advertising,BioEnrollment,BingNews,BingWeather,GetHelp,Getstarted,Messaging,Microsoft3DViewer,MicrosoftEdge,MicrosoftOfficeHub,MicrosoftSolitaireCollection,MixedReality,MSPaint,OneConnect,OneNote,People,Photos,Print3D,SkypeApp,Todos,Wallet,WindowsAlarms,windowscommunicationsapps,WindowsFeedbackHub,WindowsMaps,WindowsSoundRecorder,YourPhone,ZuneMusic,ZuneVideo"

for %%p in (%RemoveUserUWPapps%) do (
        for /f "tokens=2 delims=: " %%a in ('start "" /b "%DISM%" /English /Image:"%~dp0mount" /Get-ProvisionedAppxPackages ^| find "PackageName" ^| find "%%p"') do (
            ECHO.
            ECHO =====================================================================================================
            ECHO Removing provisioned package: %%a
            ECHO =====================================================================================================
            "%DISM%" /English /Image:"%~dp0mount" /Remove-ProvisionedAppxPackage /PackageName:"%%a"
        )
    )
    As for the system apps, I did do some testing in the past and had the same conclusion as yours. Too much time spent figuring out what trouble next WU brings. That's why registry keys removal is my preferred way. Thanks for the suggestion though, I don't know how i missed that.

10. ricoutine

ricoutine MDL Novice

Jan 31, 2021

Finally I managed to install a slimmed down version of Education for the second attempt, the first version, Pro, I don't know why didn't go through with the installation.
    For the .iso version I used the link given in post #45 by Enthousiast.
    So far I'm pretty impressed! Coming from a debloated LTSC version, I have to say that it's nice to see that the number of background spots is under 100...

11. ricoutine

ricoutine MDL Novice

Jan 31, 2021
    I have another beginner question. I have to admit, I use and know Macos much better, but I want to familiarize myself with Windows as much as possible, because I plan to change one day. For video and music production Mac was good but it is becoming more and more difficult for hackintosh side and even the OS itself is becoming more and more restrictive and difficult to customize.
    So the question, can I re-enable the "System Restore"? Is it important, or can I do otherwise? is simple to restore a back-up, in Windows you have to deal with complicated partition systemIs it important, or can I do otherwise? Is it important, or can I do otherwise? On MacOS it is very rare to corrupt a running system, and the restoration from a backup is very simple.

12. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    I have a Multi-language-ISO but thats not supported, how come?

13. CaptainSpeleo

CaptainSpeleo MDL Addicted

May 24, 2020
    I know you're quite busy, but thanks for your reply.
    I'm in no hurry and will wait until you release a new version.
    :)

14. acer-5100

acer-5100 MDL Guru

Dec 8, 2018

It's up to you, people tend to disable it in SSDs to save space, and reduce traffic and wear out

Reading the false assumption that Macusers do is always a fun activity.

Windows needs ONE partition for MBR installations, or TWO for GUID installations.

Thanks to native vhds you can have a virtually unlimited number of OSes in multiple boot still using ONE or TWO partitions.

The world changed a bit since 1984 :D

15. raptorddd

raptorddd MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2019
    hi @ wkeller am a newbie. can any of the commands be used on a already installed windows 10.? there are some tweaks i would like to apply to my already running installed windows 10. is it possible.? if so how.?

this is similar to msmgtoolkit right.? but no gui and to edit the script.?
    (example) if i want to keep say low disk space warning all i need to do is delete that line i mean this
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ( REM No low disk space warning
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "NoLowDiskSpaceChecks" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f >nul )
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

REM Hide Manage verb from context menu on This PC
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_NTUSER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "NoManageMyComputerVerb" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f >nul

REM No low disk space warning
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "NoLowDiskSpaceChecks" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f >nul

REM Hide People Bar
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_NTUSER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer" /v "HidePeopleBar" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f >nul
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_NTUSER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\People" /v "PeopleBand" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f >nul
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_NTUSER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\People" /v "CapacityOfPeopleBar" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f >nul

when updating do components gets reinstalled.?
    but my goal would be just use some of the tweaks on already installed windows 10.

16. catosis

catosis MDL Junior Member

Apr 24, 2022
    Sure. Actually MSMG would be considered CLI - command line interface. This script has neither.

Changes you mentioned are no different on live system, online. Just don't use imaginary mounted registry.
    TK_SOFTWARE\ is just SOFTWARE\ and HKLM\TK_NTUSER\ is HKCU\

17. tcotco

tcotco MDL Novice

Jan 28, 2013
    Thanks, @wkeller, just finished using your tool and will install it for the first time. Also, I read the previous conversations and did get some insights